Ribh's D'Coopage

Hurry in the bath. She didn't though. She was in there for ages.:D
P3273012.JPG
P3273013.JPG

My heart is sore for Lottie just now. She is such a little trooper!
She was downstairs yesterday before we left for the mainland but in a nesting box dozing when I got home.

Into the Big Coop for some electrolyted water & dinner mixed with a little coconut oil. She took a long time but eventually I got plenty into her & she was keen to rumble with the flock @ the tubs when I put her back in the pen. She roosted with Mhari in a nesting box [Lavender had another one:rolleyes:...] & was in the sunniest, safest corner when I went out this morning.

20190927_155214.jpg

Normally Lottie is one of the 1st @ the gate & out & about. She is a very active forager & scoots about the place but she was slow this morning & missed the gate opening. When I saw she wanted to join the Big Girls I opened the gate for her. Her tiny size has never bothered her even though everything in her life is made for much bigger & heftier chooks. Lavender has always had way more trouble. Lottie being so light & lithe has never had the least trouble. After 3 attempts to hop onto the gate step this morning I lifted her out. :( Her sense of balance & centre of equilibrium is out & she just couldn't manage ~ to say nothing of how much energy she expended in trying. I can't wait for her molt to be over! Lavender is nearly back to normal & Suyin never stopped being her usual bumptious self but Lottie is miserable. She's not a complainer & easy to please. A little extra attention, being able to shelter in my bulk in the coop, a warm spot to rest is all she asks.​

My heart is sore for Lottie just now. She is such a little trooper!
She was downstairs yesterday before we left for the mainland but in a nesting box dozing when I got home.

Into the Big Coop for some electrolyted water & dinner mixed with a little coconut oil. She took a long time but eventually I got plenty into her & she was keen to rumble with the flock @ the tubs when I put her back in the pen. She roosted with Mhari in a nesting box [Lavender had another one:rolleyes:...] & was in the sunniest, safest corner when I went out this morning.

View attachment 2070351

Normally Lottie is one of the 1st @ the gate & out & about. She is a very active forager & scoots about the place but she was slow this morning & missed the gate opening. When I saw she wanted to join the Big Girls I opened the gate for her. Her tiny size has never bothered her even though everything in her life is made for much bigger & heftier chooks. Lavender has always had way more trouble. Lottie being so light & lithe has never had the least trouble. After 3 attempts to hop onto the gate step this morning I lifted her out. :( Her sense of balance & centre of equilibrium is out & she just couldn't manage ~ to say nothing of how much energy she expended in trying. I can't wait for her molt to be over! Lavender is nearly back to normal & Suyin never stopped being her usual bumptious self but Lottie is miserable. She's not a complainer & easy to please. A little extra attention, being able to shelter in my bulk in the coop, a warm spot to rest is all she asks.​
Poor baby :(:(:hugs. I bet she’s appreciating all the TLC you’ve been showering her with though Ribh.

I hope she feels better soon.

Beautiful picture @Ribh !! Spring is quickly arriving. The spring peepers are singing in full force, they are a type of frog. The robins and blue Jays are back. Every morning I wake up to the sounds of the song birds and chickens. For that I am truly grateful. Yesterday Rich and I spent about 2 hours just driving around the back roads in our county, several when even just dirt! The colors were just amazing and I really hope they come through in the pictures.

20200330_160817.jpg

20200330_161824.jpg

20200330_181757.jpg

It appears that I have 2 males and 2 females in the babies. I need to get updated pictures, but they are growing like weeds! They fly all around the coop and use the bit chicken roost.

Back
Top Bottom