Ribh's D'Coopage

You really need to get a video of your girls in action! They are so beautiful, that I'm having a hard time imagining them running around & screaming...lol
Somewhere in the archives of this thread there is video evidence but just for you, I will have another go. ;) :lol:

I learned to crochet from my mother but I haven’t done so in years. I remember finding it soothing unlike knitting which always stresses me out for some reason. 🤣🤣
I can't knit, which I find frustrating, & while I learnt sewing basics from my mother she & I operate so differently I loathed the entire process. I did try to teach my girls but youngest has dysgraphia & is double jointed everywhere to boot & the other is a kinesthetic learner. I had to let her rip & of course the whole thing became untenable; she chose a waaay too difficult pattern & wouldn't be dissuaded, became frustrated & all the pieces now reside in my sewing basket. The material is lovely & there's a lot of it so I am loathe to just throw it all away. If I return to quilting, as I may if my library ever happens, I'll cut it all up for that.
It took me a long time to learn how to knit as I also found it frustrating...it was very hard for me to get the tension right & I couldn't get the needle into the stitch on the other needle, so I quit trying for a long time. Then I decided to give it another try, because I love how it looks & it finally started to click! I'm not very fast, but I've done some complicated patterns, which is really fun!

Sad to say they were super relieved when the little ones vacated the premises. YGC would scream & run @ the cats & Kirby just wouldn't come anywhere near her. He wouldn't even come in the house @ night until he knew she'd gone to bed. Marlow would hang round but YGC is the only person I've eve known that cat to hiss @. He's normally very laid back & affectionate with everyone. They were only just coming round to the Little Man when the family departed. I tried & tried to get the girl to be calm & quiet because the cats would have come to her if she was but, nope. Scream & run was the order of the day. 🙄
There is no way I could, or would put up with that kind of behaviour. It's something that the parents have not bothered to deal with and some seem to expect that it is reasonable to let the child inflict this behavior on others.

There is no way I could, or would put up with that kind of behaviour. It's something that the parents have not bothered to deal with and some seem to expect that it is reasonable to let the child inflict this behavior on others.
Agreed. Unfortunately mum wasnt reinforcing me. :( Left up to me those kids would have been too tired to carry on. :lau

Back
Top Bottom