Ribh's D'Coopage

Good evening everyone :frow

Is the weather nice enough yet to be able to spend your "feet up" time outside Grammy? 🌿🌾🌳🌲🌤
Yes, the weather is getting better in the early evening and this morning it was only in the low 50s 😁 sweater weather for sure. I can sit outside in the shade if the bugs leave me alone 🤔

Just had an interesting conversation with Barking Bracket.
I stuck my head in the coop door to find Bracket eating an egg.
Without thinking I said, "you can't do that Bracket".
Bracket who may well be mad but is far from being an imbecile, looks up after wiping the worst of the tell tale yolk off her beak and says,
"you're self evidently incorrect".
Okay clever clogs I reply, "you shouldn't do that".
"Exactly why not?" Bracket asked.
I'm a bit stumped now. I'm left with the choice of owning up to being a selfish greedy egg snatching monster, or a rational friend with her best interests at heart.
Bracket is waiting, head cocked to one side with her beady long range eye fixed on the changes going on in my face. She knows she's got me.
Compromise was what I thought might ease the situation.
"Don't eat any more please", I asked her.
"I only ate that one because we broke it when Hinge came to lay an egg" Bracket informed me, "and I'm not going to eat any more because I won't have any to sit on, will I?" I can't argue with the logic of that and I was just about to say "you can't sit", when the earlier error flashed across my mind. I could just foresee the row when I mentioned I would confiscate the lot if I found her looking broody.
I tried another tack. "it's getting a bit late in the year for hatching"; I hoped it sounded as offhand as intended.
"It doesn't matter here" Bracket said. "If I was in say Finland, you might have a point but since I've been here it hasn't got much below freezing and chicks would be fine with me."
I couldn't help feeling that I wasn't getting anywhere near my desired outcome which was no more egg eating and no more going broody, this year at least.
I did think about bolstering my case with the cost of feed and housing, but I know the type of answer I would get to that and I don't have much of an argument in defense of the you can't live in the trees line of reason.
It started to rain. Bracket looking like a cross between Uriah Heep and Fagin metnions that I'll get terribly wet standing outside given I don't have feathers and I'm terribly delicate with regard to climatic change and suggests I go back to my coop before I'm soaked through.
I left feeling I might have done better if I had just kept my mouth shut.

I learned to crochet from my mother but I haven’t done so in years. I remember finding it soothing unlike knitting which always stresses me out for some reason. 🤣🤣
I think it's because you have two needles to juggle with knitting. With crochet it's just one hook.
Much easier to keep track of, and you don't need to worry about your stitches falling off the needle or getting dropped.

Just had an interesting conversation with Barking Bracket.
I stuck my head in the coop door to find Bracket eating an egg.
Without thinking I said, "you can't do that Bracket".
Bracket who may well be mad but is far from being an imbecile, looks up after wiping the worst of the tell tale yolk off her beak and says,
"you're self evidently incorrect".
Okay clever clogs I reply, "you shouldn't do that".
"Exactly why not?" Bracket asked.
I'm a bit stumped now. I'm left with the choice of owning up to being a selfish greedy egg snatching monster, or a rational friend with her best interests at heart.
Bracket is waiting, head cocked to one side with her beady long range eye fixed on the changes going on in my face. She knows she's got me.
Compromise was what I thought might ease the situation.
"Don't eat any more please", I asked her.
"I only ate that one because we broke it when Hinge came to lay an egg" Bracket informed me, "and I'm not going to eat any more because I won't have any to sit on, will I?" I can't argue with the logic of that and I was just about to say "you can't sit", when the earlier error flashed across my mind. I could just foresee the row when I mentioned I would confiscate the lot if I found her looking broody.
I tried another tack. "it's getting a bit late in the year for hatching"; I hoped it sounded as offhand as intended.
"It doesn't matter here" Bracket said. "If I was in say Finland, you might have a point but since I've been here it hasn't got much below freezing and chicks would be fine with me."
I couldn't help feeling that I wasn't getting anywhere near my desired outcome which was no more egg eating and no more going broody, this year at least.
I did think about bolstering my case with the cost of feed and housing, but I know the type of answer I would get to that and I don't have much of an argument in defense of the you can't live in the trees line of reason.
It started to rain. Bracket looking like a cross between Uriah Heep and Fagin metnions that I'll get terribly wet standing outside given I don't have feathers and I'm terribly delicate with regard to climatic change and suggests I go back to my coop before I'm soaked through.
I left feeling I might have done better if I had just kept my mouth shut.

This is hilarious! I could just picture it in my head! :lau

None of my Campines are easy.
All of them like to hop the fence.
Aoife is chronic. She just loves to forage in the scrub.

View attachment 2339708

Morrigu however usually stays in the run but today she kept hopping the fence & running round like a demented harpie screaming her head off. This is not good news. When Ha'penny does this she's looking to lay outside the run so I rounded Morrigu up & locked her in the coop ~ where she went round & round screaming, screaming, screaming. She made a nest under the stairs but did not lay. She banged against the wire & screamed some more. Eventually there was silence except for some banging in the nesting boxes. Whew! She's laid & has calmed down!​
Great job realizing what was going on and intercepting her. They really are beautiful birds. Just striking.

Back
Top Bottom