Ribh's D'Coopage

My only ever tree hugger was a Banty. She'd go to the top of my Poinciana for the night. She was a right pest! 🙄
It used to stress me when they went up the trees. I leave them up there now if they don't come down for supper. Young Rip spent weeks living in a tree just outside my front door.
If it wasn't for complaints from the main house, I would leave those who wanted to roost in the trees up there.

It's the boss.
P9290027.jpeg

It used to stress me when they went up the trees. I leave them up there now if they don't come down for supper. Young Rip spent weeks living in a tree just outside my front door.
If it wasn't for complaints from the main house, I would leave those who wanted to roost in the trees up there.
We don't have a lot of predators but owls & hawks we do have. This was my 1st ever flock & I knew nothing @ all about chickens so it used to really stress me.

Out of curiosity, what is the main house objecting to?

Out of curiosity, what is the main house objecting to?
The sound of the roosters in the morning wakes one of them up. He doesn't sleep very well. It's all the evil crap he's done in his life that keeps him tossing in his bed. The roosters are just an unwelcome addition.:p:D
When Rip and Able roosted in the tree right outside my house they didn't wake me.
What can I tell you...:p

The sound of the roosters in the morning wakes one of them up. He doesn't sleep very well. It's all the evil crap he's done in his life that keeps him tossing in his bed. The roosters are just an unwelcome addition.:p:D
When Rip and Able roosted in the tree right outside my house they didn't wake me.
What can I tell you...:p
I never get why people have such an issue with roosters. Heck, they sleep through trains, buses, cars, trucks, bikes, trams, planes, alarms, gunfire, accidents ~ all of which I find far more traumatising than a rooster but nope. Can't have a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom