Ribh's D'Coopage

That's pretty sweet! A hobby I've already tried...I only sew when I have to...:D
I would probably sew more if I had actually been able to set up my sewing room & could leave it in place...I don't like taking it out rushing through a project & putting it away.

That’s exactly what I’ve done, created a permanent sewing space. And not sewn for ages. :he

These are Australian native bees. They are stingless & they do produce honey ~ just not @ the sort of rate honey bees do. The man is getting just a little obsessed so we have more hives on order. :)
Are they endangered! Honeybee's are becoming endangered here, there is some sort of mite that is destroying hives and now we have Japanese Murder Hornets, they have been seen here in Washington state...they can decimate a hive in short order. They are trying to find and destroy them, but that seems like a daunting task!

My last big sewing project was a cover for our golf cart! We've had people ask if we'd be interested in making covers for them, but I don't think we will ever do that! Dale built the frame, I did the sewing...was a big job, but we saved a lot of money doing it ourselves!View attachment 2356149View attachment 2356151
Rene, that's a significant project and you guys did a great job.
Are they endangered! Honeybee's are becoming endangered here, there are some sort of mite that is destroying hives and now we have Japanese Murder Hornets, they have been seen here in Washington state...they can decimate a hive in short order. They are trying to find and destroy them, but that seems like a daunting task!
I need to find my way out to the bees (totally over grown & uneven ground) I had 3 hives, managed to kill off my queens, then a local swarm took up residence in my third hive, so I threw on another super and hoped for the best. I need to get out there and see if they are still residents and if they've made me any honey.

Rene, that's a significant project and you guys did a great job.

I need to find my way out to the bees (totally over grown & uneven ground) I had 3 hives, managed to kill off my queens, then a local swarm took up residence in my third hive, so I threw on another super and hoped for the best. I need to get out there and see if they are still residents and if they've made me any honey.
Thank you Bob! It certainly makes it nicer when we play golf in cold weather!

I hope you get some honey! 💞

Back
Top Bottom