Ribh's D'Coopage

I love your yard Jehane! A home & yard are never finished...not trying to be depressing...lol, but they are always a work in progress!
What are you going to grow in your garden?

Edit to add the picture of the mist is beautiful!
It's an interesting yard but not very safe or child friendly. :lol:

What are you going to grow in your garden?

At present I have a lettuce mix, cos lettuce, a salad mix, french beans, tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, & rainbow silverbeet. I will probably add lebanese cucumber when I can find some. Some things it's just not worth growing when there is just the 2 of us & some things I just find too difficult & not worth the effort when they are cheap enough to buy ~ like carrots & onions.

At present I have a lettuce mix, cos lettuce, a salad mix, french beans, tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, & rainbow silverbeet. I will probably add lebanese cucumber when I can find some. Some things it's just not worth growing when there is just the 2 of us & some things I just find too difficult & not worth the effort when they are cheap enough to buy ~ like carrots & onions.
I've never heard of rainbow silverbeet (I will look them up), but I do believe we grew or had planned to grow Lebanese cucumbers! Sounds like a lovely garden!

That's pretty sweet! A hobby I've already tried...I only sew when I have to...:D
I would probably sew more if I had actually been able to set up my sewing room & could leave it in place...I don't like taking it out rushing through a project & putting it away.
I am not a confident seamstress. This machine will only do straight stitch which is about all I can manage. šŸ¤£

Probably last you forever with a little TLC. Heaps more than the newer models.
Yes, they are built to last. This one weighs about 15kg (33lb). It is made of cast iron and steel I think. I'm guessing it was made in the 1940's.

My youngest wants a Victorian era singer sewing machine to make all their costumes and do their leather work on. We will have to keep our eyes open. šŸ¤“

We lost one of the BRs in January's heat, & the prefab, as prefabs do, is already starting to come apart ~ but we have chickens so my man has mounted his white charger to come to the rescue. [I did say it is necessary to push the envelope sometimes... :D ]

The pre~fab has been condemned. The bigger & better & brighter coop will rise in it's place ~ ready for the next lot of chickens.View attachment 1693404
LOL I had the opposite issue. For my first coop, I wanted a movable chicken tractor that could roam the yard. Well, my brother built it and he is a carpenter- so, I have a practical, large wood ediface to chickens complete with small hardwire run. LOL when I asked him if he missed the part about movable tractor, he just shrugged and said, I'm a carpenter, I build with wood. Well, it is nice and solid, sooo. I forgive him.

Like most species they are threatened by habitat removal. Our block is unusual in that we didn't remove all the native vegetation & after we built we allowed the ground to rejuvenate. We do have a mix of native & exotic plants but we have huge amounts of flowering natives & are planting more so our bees will have plenty of food all year round. Some exotics are poisonous to them so while we do everything we can to support our hives, if our neighbours don't we'll lose hives. Luckily our neighbours think we're mad as cut snakes but harmless & are considerate enough if there was an issue we could talk to them about it.
If only the whole island was of the same mind.

Just imagine if everyone else moved off the island and all we chook friends moved in. There'd be chickens and bees and native plants everywhere and all the dogs would be in their own yards so you could free range to your heart's content! šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

Back
Top Bottom