Ribh's D'Coopage

I went out after the storm had passed to check all my girls were roosting. Wrold wasn't. 🙄

I went & grabbed her & put her up on a roost & suddenly noticed she has denuded herself of all her underneath feathers. As I peered closer I noticed a white blob under her wattle... :sick
Another tick! I couldn't leave her like that overnight so in she came & didn't she make a kerfuffle! She really doesn't like the cats! Squwark! Squwark! She was loud. She was noisy. She was voluble. Her head kept swinging round to keep Kirby in sight while she screamed @ him, @ me, @ the complete indignity of the whole affair ~ all while I was trying to slather her with black ointment & hold onto her long enough for it to work.

View attachment 2390143
And the worst of it ~ not 1 but 2 ticks embedded under her wattle: a paralysis tick & a bush tick. I always check to make sure I've got the head so when I could still see something I wielded my tweezers yet again ~ & again.
She is slathered in black ointment just in case I missed any bits & back on a roost! So offended she scrambled onto the top roost! Gosh how I hate ticks!​
I'm glad you found them...I hate ticks too...:smack

Back
Top Bottom