Ribh's D'Coopage

Hopefully you will soon be able to let Hepzibah & Soda out of broody jail and maybe that will help her! I wonder if she would be better if she was in with them for awhile?
The coop's really too small to take 3 full grown birds of that size. They will all be together a bit later on for dustbathing & foraging. If I'm doing a bit better myself this afternoon I will sit with them & do coop duties. That should help a bit.

I'm a bit concerned with the flock. Soda is big & one of my oldest girls & I'm pretty sure she's the one laying the thin shelled eggs I've been finding. It had to be one of the BRs but I couldn't identify which one. I need to add new blood again but that is proving a little difficult @ present.

The coop's really too small to take 3 full grown birds of that size. They will all be together a bit later on for dustbathing & foraging. If I'm doing a bit better myself this afternoon I will sit with them & do coop duties. That should help a bit.

I'm a bit concerned with the flock. Soda is big & one of my oldest girls & I'm pretty sure she's the one laying the thin shelled eggs I've been finding. It had to be one of the BRs but I couldn't identify which one. I need to add new blood again but that is proving a little difficult @ present.
I was wondering about the space as I shared my thoughts!

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well! :( I'm sure she, well all of them, will love to have you spend some time with them! :love

I believe Pearl has been laying a thin shelled egg and on the day's it's not, it's a little rough on one end...at least I think they are being laid by her!

Hopefully you will soon find some new girls for your flock! I know I'm looking forward to seeing what you find! 💞

I was wondering about the space as I shared my thoughts!

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well! :( I'm sure she, well all of them, will love to have you spend some time with them! :love

I believe Pearl has been laying a thin shelled egg and on the day's it's not, it's a little rough on one end...at least I think they are being laid by her!

Hopefully you will soon find some new girls for your flock! I know I'm looking forward to seeing what you find! 💞
I'm about to contact someone who does frizzled Wyandottes. :D Those should be interesting! She also has Aracaunas. I'm still waiting to hear from my Campine breeder so I'm considering options just now. There is an Aracauna breeder up near Gympie, where my mum lives, & I was thinking I could pick up some birds from her when I go visit my mum. She has wheatans & Lavenders & they look to be good birds ~ which probably means they are also pricey. 🙄

I'm about to contact someone who does frizzled Wyandottes. :D Those should be interesting! She also has Aracaunas. I'm still waiting to hear from my Campine breeder so I'm considering options just now. There is an Aracauna breeder up near Gympie, where my mum lives, & I was thinking I could pick up some birds from her when I go visit my mum. She has wheatans & Lavenders & they look to be good birds ~ which probably means they are also pricey. 🙄
Wow, the Wyandottes sound amazing! Have you seen any pictures of them? Hopefully you will hear from her soon!
Price, try not to even think about the price, just focus on the enjoyment they will bring you and the lovely eggs...just trying to remove any obstacles...:gig

Wow, the Wyandottes sound amazing! Have you seen any pictures of them? Hopefully you will hear from her soon!
Price, try not to even think about the price, just focus on the enjoyment they will bring you and the lovely eggs...just trying to remove any obstacles...:gig
The man put aside quite a nice sized chunk for flock expansion. I'm just trying to be super careful with it. She also has Japanese bantams. swoon. 🥰 Here is a link. She has a FB page & the Wyandottes look amazing.

The man put aside quite a nice sized chunk for flock expansion. I'm just trying to be super careful with it. She also has Japanese bantams. swoon. 🥰 Here is a link. She has a FB page & the Wyandottes look amazing.
She has some beautiful birds! How many can you add to your flock...two of each? :D :love

It's this one. He says because it's a pellet they can't pick out thrir favourite bits. I got it from a pet shop because the local fodder stores don't carry it. Mary loves it, the other three are coming around.
Interesting that it states animal and vegetable protein meals. That's not so common these days.

Jeannie, talk to your vet about supplements to help the girls absorb calcium. I know you provide calcium on the side so the wonky egg could be an issue with calcium absorption. And again, it could just be a wonky egg. They happen.
Thanks, Bob. Yes, she's been laying a few. I think most have been laid @ night from a roost. I find them splattered in the mornings. I had put it down to her size & age because her sister is not having issues.

Back
Top Bottom