Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks, Bob. No need. After a long consultation it was decided to euthanise her. She had deteriorated a lot over night. The vet has taken a faecal sample & will get back to me on that. No~one else is showing any sort of symptoms but depending on the examination results I may need to treat both flocks for cocci. The monsoonal wet could be responsible despite me keeping the coop area as dry as possible. The vet wasn't sure though & the symptoms listed on~line weren't what I was seeing so it may not be that.

The good news, such as it is, is the vet says I had made all the right calls, including not travelling in the heat & I had done everything right to that point in the way I was treating her & looking after her. It doesn't make it easier but I do feel better about the outcome.
:hugs :hugs
So sorry.

@Ribh was so very kind to send Anna her very own rug. We received it in the mail today. Anna was so excited to see she got a package from Australia.

View attachment 2406858

View attachment 2406859

It's the perfect size for her!
View attachment 2406861

She really enjoyed the letter and the back story to her blanket. I'll make sure this is put away safely for now.View attachment 2406863

Thank you so much Jeannie!! It means so much to me and her ❤

That's beautiful! :love The look on Anna's face says it all.

Thanks, Bob. No need. After a long consultation it was decided to euthanise her. She had deteriorated a lot over night. The vet has taken a faecal sample & will get back to me on that. No~one else is showing any sort of symptoms but depending on the examination results I may need to treat both flocks for cocci. The monsoonal wet could be responsible despite me keeping the coop area as dry as possible. The vet wasn't sure though & the symptoms listed on~line weren't what I was seeing so it may not be that.

The good news, such as it is, is the vet says I had made all the right calls, including not travelling in the heat & I had done everything right to that point in the way I was treating her & looking after her. It doesn't make it easier but I do feel better about the outcome.
Sorry to hear that Ribh. It is overwhelming how quickly chickens can go downhill. I do hope all the others remain healthy and I hope the humidity reduces for you. Take care of you.

Good evening everyone 🙂

So sorry :hugs :hugs

You're having a rough time of it Ribh.:hugs

I was thinking that if it was contagious (heaven forbid!) or genetic she would probably want to know. Hoping the rest of your flock continues to stay well. :fl
:hugs:hugs:hugs
Yes, of course! In which case I would notify her. The vet did ask about lead poisoning. If they had been out in our yard like my big girls that would be a distinct possibility. 30 years of my lads fishing & crabbing & there are dropped sinkers all over but the Littlies have been confined to their coop. We do practise a form of quarantine, though it's not optimal. Plus this has been the wettest start to summer we've had in almost a decade so everyone's been confined & I haven't spent the time I normally would have with new girls. More rain on the horizon too. :(

Back
Top Bottom