Ribh's D'Coopage

The smallest Wyandottes. They are really happy to be so snuggly warm.
View attachment 2553856

I'm hoping you'll lay down on your back like Featherhead, and we will get shots of your new littles roosting on your chest. 🥰
SHRA :confused:*

What striking eyeliner on the chick in the front!
Eyeliner! Nefertiti! :love

*SHRA Tax
Alice and Deana inspect the new paving.
IMG20210227174415.jpg

Here beginneth the unedited version of our chicken trip:
What I use for bringing chickens home is the cat carrier. Sometimes I borrow a spare one from the island dog groomers [yeah, I know; weird. We don't have essentials but we have a dog groomer :confused:] Sometimes I just take a box.

This time it was a carrier & a box. The man strapped the carrier to the trolly & shot off @ 100 miles an hour to avoid the rain. Somewhere along the way he lost the carrier door, which we didn't discover until we went to put birds in the carrier. :eek: Meanwhile I discovered that our Vorwerks were more expensive than anticipated, being older pullets so the man bundled himself back into the car & toddled along to the produce store just down the road to look for a carrier & get out extra money. He was gone so long we began thinking he'd got lost on a straight stretch of road.

Not that the time was wasted. I went through every brooder looking @ all Natasha's chicks ~ which is how I got caught between taking Wyandottes or my lovely Japs. I am very fond of Wyandottes & was in a terrible dither by the time the man finally arrived, having been assured there were no carriers to be had so purchased, what turned out to be a perfect buy, a brooder that held all 4 Vorwerks comfortably for the trip home. The Littles went in the box but I had the brooder to set them up in for the next few weeks.

Natasha, seeing what a dither I was in, asked how many of the Japs I wanted. I said I'd take both & she offered them to us for free!!! Gob~smacked. Couldn't do it to her so I asked her to send her details through & I'd do a direct bank transfer as soon as we got home, which we did, so I actually got more birds than I had the actual money for @ the time. This is probably not a good thing...

I think the man may be partially responsible as he got in Natasha's ear & blathered I was this nutty chicken lady who actually spent time with her tribes talking to them & being talked to & I guess she figured her girls were coming to a good home.

And should I blush for admitting I sent pictures through showing the new girls settling in & the older ones all grown up & running with my big Girls?

I have short listed my names ~ I think...

The Vorwerks look like being Panya [mouse], Samurd [Kitten], Bennu [eagle girl] & Zahra [flower] ~ all Egyptian names.

The next lot are Gyspsy names with one anomaly: Chavi [girl], Oshina [no meaning recorded], Shuri [sun child], Tsura [light of dawn] & Vai mother of life]. The anomaly is one of the Wyandottes who insists she is Redwing ~ I'm just not sure which one it is. 🙄 I think I've worked out who has claimed which name but I will do pics tomorrow ~ apart from the Vorwerks who are proving smart & difficult. Only their 2nd night here but they went up the ramp to bed all on their own already.

Here beginneth the unedited version of our chicken trip:
What I use for bringing chickens home is the cat carrier. Sometimes I borrow a spare one from the island dog groomers [yeah, I know; weird. We don't have essentials but we have a dog groomer :confused:] Sometimes I just take a box.

This time it was a carrier & a box. The man strapped the carrier to the trolly & shot off @ 100 miles an hour to avoid the rain. Somewhere along the way he lost the carrier door, which we didn't discover until we went to put birds in the carrier. :eek: Meanwhile I discovered that our Vorwerks were more expensive than anticipated, being older pullets so the man bundled himself back into the car & toddled along to the produce store just down the road to look for a carrier & get out extra money. He was gone so long we began thinking he'd got lost on a straight stretch of road.

Not that the time was wasted. I went through every brooder looking @ all Natasha's chicks ~ which is how I got caught between taking Wyandottes or my lovely Japs. I am very fond of Wyandottes & was in a terrible dither by the time the man finally arrived, having been assured there were no carriers to be had so purchased, what turned out to be a perfect buy, a brooder that held all 4 Vorwerks comfortably for the trip home. The Littles went in the box but I had the brooder to set them up in for the next few weeks.

Natasha, seeing what a dither I was in, asked how many of the Japs I wanted. I said I'd take both & she offered them to us for free!!! Gob~smacked. Couldn't do it to her so I asked her to send her details through & I'd do a direct bank transfer as soon as we got home, which we did, so I actually got more birds than I had the actual money for @ the time. This is probably not a good thing...

I think the man may be partially responsible as he got in Natasha's ear & blathered I was this nutty chicken lady who actually spent time with her tribes talking to them & being talked to & I guess she figured her girls were coming to a good home.

And should I blush for admitting I sent pictures through showing the new girls settling in & the older ones all grown up & running with my big Girls?
That's a lovely thing to do Ribh. I bet Natasha really appreciates seeing how her chicks have grown and how happy they are with you. 🥰

Wow! That looks terrific! The girls are just lovely. 🤗
Thank you Lozzy Ribh. I want to re-level a few of them but I hope the wire cages around the edge will slow the chooks down in kicking mulch all over the area this time and the grass gets a chance to grow up to the edge of the pavers.
Once I've leveled to my satisfaction I will be putting my mushroom table and stools on it. 🍄🍄🍄

Edit: I get confused by Lozzy and Ribh's avatars. Apparently I can't tell a Barred rock from a Frizzle. 🙄:oops:

Back
Top Bottom