Ribh's D'Coopage

Happy Caturday

From the long hair gang.
View attachment 2763156
Aowens tail! Wowsers!

Sorry if I've misspelled her name, Bob. If I did, may I have a reminder please? After 15 minutes searching for her name, I've given up and opted for a pre-emptive apology instead.

I wanted to clean the coop but halfway through I had a line~up of girls wanting the nesting boxes. What was interesting, which I think I missed because Titania jumped up on me & the camera, is when Beatha laid the only hen not screaming her head of was... Beatha. Everyone else did the screaming for her. Titania did lay in the box with all the eggs in it. She wanted out to lay in the straw bale, her prefered nesting site, & got quite wild because she could see it but couldn't reach it. Once Beatha had laid Aoefa shooed her out so she could use that box. 🙄 All in all I got about 7 eggs to day. The floodgates are about to open.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a little bit of selfie at the end!

Apart from that ... Wow, what a fuss! And Patricia is very stealthy, like nest ninja 🥷
Yeah, Titania was totally unexpected! 🤣 That was Beatha, my Aracauna & my only blue layer. She is quite sneaky. She is a rather unpopular hen for some reason.

It's been one of those days.
I've had a few girls I've been a bit concerned about but between the weather & other things it has been impossible to investigate. Last night Morrigu roosted on the 2nd rail. This is so unlike her I was immediately concerned & watched her like a hawk while I was cleaning out the coop today. Her tail was down somewhat & she wasn't as active as she normally is & off by herself more than usual so in she came for electrolytes, probiotics, worm tablet & mite dusting. That I could even catch her without any drama says she's definitely not herself.
That's toast crumbs under her, not poop. :lol:
20210718_124825.jpg

Then Oshina & Titania both had poop clumping their fluffy butts so a trim was in order. I prefer to trim rather than wash because it stops it happening again until they get their rear ends sorted.
Ceres has seemed off for several days ~ but not sick ~so she was the next one out. Electrolytes & Pesterene dusting because I found a couple of mites on her. Hopefully that's everyone now sorted & I don't have major dramas developing.​

Back
Top Bottom