Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks! I believe half my problem is the stillness of desk work, which takes up every day from morning till I feed the cat and tend the hens around 4 and then starts again around 6 for a few more hours.
Yes. Sitting still is no good unless you have a blanket, a hat and a hot water bottle and are holding a cup of tea.
But if you move around you get warm in no time.

We took all the kids to a local creek to play around in.

20210725_151940.jpg

We had a beautiful sunset to finish the day!
20210725_203714.jpg

It's actually been easier for me to get fancy breeds than anything else since the chicken madness Covid brought on. It's been really hard to get standard laying hens & I won't buy Hybrids. If I was only after eggs I'd be spitting all sorts of chips.
I originally got my chickens for the eggs, but now that I know them and get to enjoy their quirky, exuberant personalities I wouldn't care if they didn't lay another egg! They are so fun! :love

Thanks! I believe half my problem is the stillness of desk work, which takes up every day from morning till I feed the cat and tend the hens around 4 and then starts again around 6 for a few more hours.
Wow. I don't think I would survive your winters! 😲 I have trouble generating enough body heat to trap heat between layers & so am nearly always cold ~ even in the middle of summer.
Desk jobs are tough day gigs. But beyond managing that and staying fit, @Ribh your comment made me remember something life-changing for me -- discovering I was low thyroid due to a random TSH test my doctor did, and then me researching, matching symptoms and convincing my doctor to let me try a tiny bit of medication. Because what is "normal" is clinically different for everybody, and the test ranges doctors go by have changed over the years. Well, what a night and day experience that was! Being warmer at rest was one of many, many, many improvements.

We had a cat & a dog always when I was a child. They grew up together & there were no issues but I've never owned a high prey dog & suspect that might be different.
All of our dogs and cats get along just fine... a few of the cats are a little indifferent towards the dogs... and George and Piper are fast friends! These two are none stop all day 😄
5C6F0143-7F4F-4CA2-AF6D-9C29079C07C1.jpeg

Ahhh how peaceful. I hope to one day bring the funrun to a state in which restfulness among the hens is possible.
I don’t get peacefulness in my chicken yard... I get pecked really hard by at least three of them wanting attention but I can only hold one at a time... then there are others that all come around trying to harass the ones I am holding 🤦‍♀️.... I tell you... lately they have been acting up! I don’t know what’s gotten into them!
But I do make my daily rounds giving out chicken hugs! I do feel I am blessed with how many of my gals love chicken hugs🤗

And Ribh, remember we were talking about Sunny, my BO... and I was telling you how she has always been a grumpy gus? Well, all of a sudden, after three years of nasty and not ever being able to touch her she is now one of the ones who will peck me until I pick her up😳.... Chickens be crazy!!!

Back
Top Bottom