Ribh's D'Coopage

I'm a little late on Caturday.

Peaches' babies are 4 weeks old today. I moved them into a kitten play area so they have more room. They are walking about and starting to play.

20210808_181629.jpg

Peaches can easily jump in and out of the fence. This is the first born kitten and she has the biggest mouth too!

20210808_181726.jpg

I can't forget Scoobs who just loves to chill.
20210808_184212.jpg

I live in a desert. This is so nice to look at. I would want to be out water skiing on that.
It's actually not much good for water sports. It's shallow with strong cross currents & the wind bounces off the islands in all different directions. It's considered a really dangerous waterway.

My little girls are starting to pancake & bite the hand that feeds them... 🙄
Ceres has already had one serious attempt @ sitting...:(
View attachment 2790856
What do you normally do with your broodies? Let them sit, break them, let it run its course?
I am currently on my tenth broody of the summer with another threatening! :rolleyes:

What do you normally do with your broodies? Let them sit, break them, let it run its course?
I am currently on my tenth broody of the summer with another threatening! :rolleyes:
Normally I try to break them. They go in the small coop without any eggs & are usually done in 3 days. I am considering fertile eggs if my older girls decide to sit this year. My Wyandotte bantams were chronic last year but they are 2~3 yrs old this year & determined so if they go I will try for eggs.

Ceres went ferile before they got locked in their run & had 6 eggs in a hidden nest & had set before I found her. She is 1 of my younger hens & I'd prefer the younger ones not sit.

Back
Top Bottom