Ribh's D'Coopage

I am very excited for you. I will write you a short novel of what I learned last year. Congratulations. Nothing is better than a Mum and chicks.

View attachment 2792538
Thanks, Bob. I'm not feeling too confident about this enterprise so am really hoping my hens do a good job IF I get it up & running ~ but if I want more Campines this seems the most likely route @ present.

Thanks, Bob. I'm not feeling too confident about this enterprise so am really hoping my hens do a good job IF I get it up & running ~ but if I want more Campines this seems the most likely route @ present.
You are going to do great. There are plenty of us to help.

WEDNESDAY WHEREVER.😃
It's wet & rather miserable here this Wednesday morning. The girls are out & about but after a quick foray the boys are back inside with me & the fire. 🤣
20210811_065030.jpg

You are going to do great. There are plenty of us to help.
I'm seriously hoping I don't have to do anything & my girls are going to be on the job🙄but we are talking my lot & judging by last year's experience I will probably have to hoy them off nests. My biggest problem is I have my littlest girls already showing signs of being pre~broody & Ceres has already had one shot @ sitting. These aren't the hens I want broody. They are very young, very small & not in the best position to defend a nest. Wrold on the other hand is a stubborn broody & a fierce defender of her nest. She & Hepzibah would be a good combination but probably unlikely. The older my hens get the less predisposition they show for going broody.

I'm seriously hoping I don't have to do anything & my girls are going to be on the job🙄but we are talking my lot & judging by last year's experience I will probably have to hoy them off nests. My biggest problem is I have my littlest girls already showing signs of being pre~broody & Ceres has already had one shot @ sitting. These aren't the hens I want broody. They are very young, very small & not in the best position to defend a nest. Wrold on the other hand is a stubborn broody & a fierce defender of her nest. She & Hepzibah would be a good combination but probably unlikely. The older my hens get the less predisposition they show for going broody.
The young ones do like to hatch. Phyllis is back on the nest. :he

The young ones do like to hatch. Phyllis is back on the nest. :he
My fourteen month olds are so broody! Rosa is my eleventh broody of the summer!
Last night when I removed her from the nest, she let out a blood curdling scream that startled me so much that I almost dropped her!
Maybe that was her plan all along? 🤔

My fourteen month olds are so broody! Rosa is my eleventh broody of the summer!
Last night when I removed her from the nest, she let out a blood curdling scream that startled me so much that I almost dropped her!
Maybe that was her plan all along? 🤔
You have my sympathies. We played musical hens last summer. I had so many broodies I was running out of space to put them & then I got young pullets who ended up in the broody space. 🙄 Not my smartest move...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom