Ribh's D'Coopage

I'm seriously hoping I don't have to do anything & my girls are going to be on the job🙄but we are talking my lot & judging by last year's experience I will probably have to hoy them off nests. My biggest problem is I have my littlest girls already showing signs of being pre~broody & Ceres has already had one shot @ sitting. These aren't the hens I want broody. They are very young, very small & not in the best position to defend a nest. Wrold on the other hand is a stubborn broody & a fierce defender of her nest. She & Hepzibah would be a good combination but probably unlikely. The older my hens get the less predisposition they show for going broody.
I'm in the same boat. The older hens are never broody. Peggy was broody once. Ivy is the only one who sits and she's the lowest in the pecking order.

I'm in the same boat. The older hens are never broody. Peggy was broody once. Ivy is the only one who sits and she's the lowest in the pecking order.
Yes, I've been keeping tabs on Ivy. I know it's an issue. I honestly never wanted to do the chick thing. I'm not really into babies but I do want more Campines so it seems I will have to bite this bullet. :( You can hold my hand & hopefully not repeat my mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom