Ribh's D'Coopage

It was a rather sudden attack then poof! the gall bladder was out within 2 days. I barely had time to blink! I was veeery lucky considering the plague situation here at the moment. (Idiot politicians @&^%#@@***!! :rant)

Even though it was an emergency operation in my case it is also very routine. They do lots of them.
There are 3 tiny incisions on my left hand side and a small one under my sternum and another in my navel. They hardly disturbed my body at all really. It's amazing, I was up and walking around as soon as the anesthetic wore off.

Tax!
Alice's new feathers look cleaner than her old ones.
View attachment 2967471
It's amazing really. In the old days you'd have a huge surgical wound!

I loathe being stuck in loads of red tape but I can see me pulling some all nighters already :th2000~5000 words don't materialize out of thin air ~ with footnotes & accreditations what's more.🙄
My approach is to write a little, often.

Ideally, twice every day I'd write a little with the readings handy. Hopefully that way I get 3-4 hours of writing in every day. But of course, sometimes meetings and other commitments get in the way.

When I'm reading, I print the paper off and write notes all over it. I also have a colour-coded sticky note system for when I read longer pieces like books: red sticky note for questions raised, green stick note for excellent things, yellow for my own ideas that crop up. Highlighter pens are also super handy for remembering great quotes and key points.

And every day I use EndNote with Word to keep all the references neat and tidy. it took me a while to learn how to use EndNote but it pays off over and over again.

My approach is to write a little, often.

Ideally, twice every day I'd write a little with the readings handy. Hopefully that way I get 3-4 hours of writing in every day. But of course, sometimes meetings and other commitments get in the way.

When I'm reading, I print the paper off and write notes all over it. I also have a colour-coded sticky note system for when I read longer pieces like books: red sticky note for questions raised, green stick note for excellent things, yellow for my own ideas that crop up. Highlighter pens are also super handy for remembering great quotes and key points.

And every day I use EndNote with Word to keep all the references neat and tidy. it took me a while to learn how to use EndNote but it pays off over and over again.
Thanks, MJ. That's super helpful. Now if I can just be that disciplined...🤣

Back
Top Bottom