rice sized worms in poop

Not on the skin. You can give it orally...one half cc/ml for standard size chicken, one quarter cc/ml for small chicken. It's easier to put it on a piece of bread and give it to them.

Great Dawg!!! I think you should drive North and handle my worm issues!!
big_smile.png

I had already ordered the Valbazen so I guess i'll just use that. Im treating 2 chickens so ill have 499ml leftover
smile.png

I appreciate all of this information regarding worms. My flock is healthy and happy but I am neurotic over parasites. The girls are 4 months old. Is there a worming schedule you use to keep them healthy and worm free without compromising healthy eggs? Thanks, Martha

Hahaha, thanks Gwen! If we lived closer, I'd be more than happy to worm your chickens for you. It's very simple to worm them but kinda scary the first time. You'll get used to it and become second nature to worm them lol. That bottle of valbazen will last you for a very long time. I bought a 5 liter bottle of ivermectin pour on last year at TSC (it was the only ivermectin they had at the time) in Brunswick. I think I only used a one syringe full of the ivermectin. I saved a small bottle of it and took the rest to our local feed store here in Camden county and donated it to them for whatever purpose they deemed necessary for anyone needing wormer for their cattle, dogs or whatever. The owner was thankful and gave me 25 pounds of crushed oyster shell. I have a bottle of valbazen too and I'm not giving it up, but will share if asked. Valbazen is more important to me than ivermectin, just my opinion only because it kills tapeworms etc... farmgirls, your pullets are still young. I'd wait til they're about a year old, then start a worming program. PM me if you suspect something is out place like they are acting lethargic, or not eating or drinking normally as examples. I live in a swampy environment and usually worm twice a year. If you live in a dry environment, you might consider worming once a year...it just depends. Almost forgot Gwen, dont forget to retreat again with your valbazen in 14 days!

Last edited:
Also remember to throw the eggs away after each worming. for a at least 2 weeks Do not feed them back to the chickens you will be giving them the de-wormer again in the eggs. I just wormed my girls. It is scary the first time but it is not that hard really. Good luck, Dawg53 knows his stuff he helped me with my de-worming problem.

Thank you so much! Is it true once the chickens get worms they get into the soil and are very hard to get rid of? Are worms generally a problem? Do you give them ivermectin once a year?What about putting DE in their sand pit or coop floor? Sorry for all the questions. Martha

Back
Top Bottom