Rick's quail eggs, big, small and varicolored

curliet

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
west Michigan
The past week or so we've seen a variety of eggs from our quail pens. We got a very small one, a very large one and one that was a pretty shade of purple. And one that was light green. The purple one changed to brown overnight in the refrigerator, but after we took it out to take a pic of it it started to change back again. Same with the green one. Here's a few pix.

100_2058.jpg
here are some of the sizes we got, with a quarter for comparison

100_2056.jpg
the purple and green egg after changing to brown, should have taken the pic before refrigerating

100_2057.jpg
A close up of the colored eggs.

100_2060.jpg
and after they warmed up they returned to purple and green.

Last edited:
the milky substance you're seeing as purple on the egg when it gets wet it fades away that's why when its in the fridge and under moisture it turns brown
smile.png
And then when it gets out and cools down and dries off turnsback to the milky film that's on it
smile.png

those eggs look frosted to me (i mean the ones with bloom) we had one girl that layed her eggs like that every day. my kids called her frosty!! go figure... we also had a tuxedo that the kids names swirly.... and a boy tux they called "suit dude." my kids give me joy (somedays more than others).

Back
Top Bottom