Riding helmets for small children?

GalloFino

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Mexico
Does anyone have any recommendations re: helmets for small children? My son's noggin is currently 51 cm / 20 inches. I'm looking at the Troxel Sport Riding Helmet in size XS (well, looking online, there isn't anywhere local that I can go to to try helmets on...), but wonder if anyone has any other recommendations as the reviews for that one aren't so hot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I got an Aegis Youth for my daughter. It is adjustable. IIRC, it was about $50 from State Line Tack catalog. Dover, Miller's and others probably carry it too.

Here is DD wearing it while going into dressage leadline on my friend's horse

1172_fiashow5.jpg

Last edited:
Ooo...thanks for that. The Aegis looks like a pretty good deal in that it should fit well now, but adjust up for a little while too. And it has great reviews at Dover Saddlery, from folks with kids around my son's age. I've sent them an email to get a quote on the shipping.

P.S. Baby Michickenwrangler is very cute.

I'm laughing...at least once a day I hear 'me no bebe!' from my son. Of course, he's just three and there isn't really a good equivalent for 'toddler', so folks refer to him (to his annoyance!) as a baby a lot.

Hmm...heard back from Dover. That's a real quick response for a Saturday evening. Shipping is via FedEx:

Priority = $103.40
Economy = $97.24

I think I'm going to have to see if I can find the same helmet from a site that has different shipping options!

Unfortunately, State Line Tack and one of the others don't ship to Mexico...the other does but it's via FedEx only. It looks like Chicks Discount Saddlery is the way to go for getting stuff shipped down here, as they will ship USPS and it's a whole lot cheaper.

En verdad no es un regalo, va a empezar un clase de equitación pronto...la maestra me dijo que tienen cascos para niños, pero yo prefería que tenga un nuevo que es solo para el...

Back
Top Bottom