Ringneck dove pics!

sorry to tell you but the one is not albino its just white
wink.png
they all have red eyes

It turns out that my 'platinum' dove is probably a blond ivory, apparently the ones I got at the poultry show were very young. I lost one of them, it acted fine one day and was lying in the bottom of the cage the next. My blond ivory is currently 'free ranging' in the hopes that it will roost low enough one of these days for me to be able to catch it
hmm.png
before something eats it
sad.png

I recently got 3 more pairs from a rescue in IL, bringing my total (minus the one white that died) up to 13 doves. The 'new' ones are 4 blonds (2 male, 2 female), a white female (complete with tea-colored undertail bar), and a pied male.
ETA: Not all 'white' doves have red eyes, and the albinos are distinct from the red eyes of the albino. The red of the albino covers the entire eye, with a sort of red 'shade' to everything, only the colored part of the eyes are red on a white. Plus, the bulleyed whites have black eyes
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd like to get at least one wild colored dove, I think those are probably the 'hardest' to find. It seems that more people are interested in the 'colors' than just plain wilds
smile.png

With albinos, you can see the light through their eyes, making the whole thing look pinkish red. I'd rather have regular whites so I don't have to worry about light sensitivity.

Scored a couple whites today
big_smile.png
They are have weirdest colored eyes I've ever seen on doves. Maybe just because they are young. But even the adult looking ones had strange eyes. Their eyes were almost yellow, with some light orange near the center of the iris, and then the blue-gray ring around the pupil. It's kind of creepy if you ask me
ep.gif

All of my whites have either red, bull, or deep orange. Not this light color.

Maybe they are ivories? Those have 'mottled' irises. And that's how the eyes look on my 'albino', like the whole eye is pink. But I've read that one of the other 'white' colors' eyes look like that when they are young, and I have no idea how old these are.

Yeah the whites with red eyes I think, the babies look albino-ish at first, but then their pupil turns black and they look normal.

I saw that on a website about the ivories. I guess I'll have to take a picture. It is mottled like they are, but in the pictures I've seen of ivories, the mottling is more red than this color.

My escape artist is taunting me, it gets just low enough in the tree that I can't reach it even on the ladder, or it will be really low and fly off just as I grab for it. I think I'm gonna have a wing trimming party!

Back
Top Bottom