Ringneck Pheasant info page *warning lots of PICS*

Pics
This is great, thank you. My oldest just joined 4H and we will raise these for her first project. Our groups question, was to release in the wild or send to the butcher. Who knows what these kids will pick.

This is great, thank you. My oldest just joined 4H and we will raise these for her first project. Our groups question, was to release in the wild or send to the butcher. Who knows what these kids will pick.

We let ours go after a Bobcat got into their pen and killed a bunch. We were feeding them Gamebird feed but they stopped eating it and now only get a scratch grain mixture. We also have water for them.

I was born and raised in South Dakota and grew up hunting pheasant every fall. I now live in South Central Indiana. I couldn't live here without Ringneck Pheasant. We started raising and breeding them 2 years ago. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that depending on the state you live in you should check with your local Game Fish and Parks agent or Dept. of Nat. Resources agent to see if you need a permit for Ringneck Pheasant. Here in Indiana we do need a permit for Ringneck and Bobwhite Quail. Don't need one for ornamental pheasant or Chukars though. We also raise Bobwhite Quail as well.

good article.
thumbsup.gif

where did you get the pheasents? i'd like to get some

Hello and thank you for all the info about Pheasants.
Can you tell me if they are loud birds and if they eat ticks?
Also, are there any Pheasant species you would recommend as particularly easy for the beginner as well as suitable for eastern Tennessee?
Thank you, R.

Hello and thank you for all the info about Pheasants.
Can you tell me if they are loud birds and if they eat ticks?
Also, are there any Pheasant species you would recommend as particularly easy for the beginner as well as suitable for eastern Tennessee?
Thank you, R.

We had Ringnecks until a Bobcat and Fox came along. They need a lot of room. Check out the first post in this thread for a lot of good information. For us it was a great experience. We would like to hatch out more eggs and raise more but the person we had gotten our eggs from is no longer raising Pheasants so we are looking for a new source for eggs. We learned a lot the last time. It isn't the same as raising chickens. They don't make noise.

Back
Top Bottom