Ringneck Pheasants- post your pics or questions.

Are all of these chicks ringneck pheasants?
Our friend found chicks by the side of the road in a park and brought the survivor to us (thinking they were chickens). Another friend who has experience with both chickens and pheasants said that she thinks the chicks were abandoned/orphaned wild pheasants, not chickens.
What we have is a peeping pale yellow puffball who is somewhat bigger and lots more active (and noisy) than most chicken chicks we've had.

I bought a ring neck chick a couple months ago. He's starting to get some color but it's not the standard coloring for sure. He looks similar to the green but still not sure what he is. I'll try to get a picture later. His head is turning a turquoise, dark purple and blue around his chest and under his wings and the feathers on his back are reddish brown outlined in a faint green and some blue. The lady I got him from showed me her pens and they were all standard ring neck. No mutants... Any ideas?

Black Mutation ringnecks would be my guess. If you bought this from the breeder they have it in their bloodline somewhere because ringnecks won't throw that unless they have been mixed elsewhere in the lines.

Does he look like the blk ones here. This is both the Ringnecks and Blk Mutations

Black Mutation ringnecks would be my guess. If you bought this from the breeder they have it in their bloodline somewhere because ringnecks won't throw that unless they have been mixed elsewhere in the lines. Does he look like the blk ones here. This is both the Ringnecks and Blk Mutations
I have a melanistic/black hen from the same breeder. The male looks completely different.

I have 100 Mongolian/Jumbo ringnecks from McFarlane, now 10 weeks old. I used to raise Korean subspecies. I`m finding that this bunch is rather unevenly sized with large and small males, but the females have the greatest differences. I`ve had them on 27% medicated Game Bird Starter. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom