Ringworm treatment

Rosieposie6

Chirping
Dec 3, 2023
Howdy so I recently noticed some white spots on my roosters comb so I posted a picture thinking it was maybe fowl pox but a lot of the comments said it looks like ringworm. I did buy OTC ringworm fungal cream and put it on his comb. Also put some drops of Ivermectin on his neck because I read that can treat ringworm. Has anyone had any success with treating ringworm? I’m keeping him isolated but I’m wondering how long it takes to go away cause the poor guy is lonely😩

This is from poultrydvm. "Treatment. Ringworm is usually successfully treated using basic over-the-counter topical fungicidal medications. The medication may be in the form of a powder, ointment, or cream. It's applied directly to the affected areas of the bird."

I would follow directions on what you use on it. For me I used monistat 7 for 7days.

This is from poultrydvm. "Treatment. Ringworm is usually successfully treated using basic over-the-counter topical fungicidal medications. The medication may be in the form of a powder, ointment, or cream. It's applied directly to the affected areas of the bird."

I would follow directions on what you use on it. For me I used monistat 7 for 7days.
Did you put it on the chicken multiple times a day or just once a day? Cause the instructions don’t really specify how much per day

Howdy so I recently noticed some white spots on my roosters comb so I posted a picture thinking it was maybe fowl pox but a lot of the comments said it looks like ringworm. I did buy OTC ringworm fungal cream and put it on his comb. Also put some drops of Ivermectin on his neck because I read that can treat ringworm. Has anyone had any success with treating ringworm? I’m keeping him isolated but I’m wondering how long it takes to go away cause the poor guy is lonely😩
Hands down my favorite treatment is a combination of Tea Tree oil mixed with fractionated coconut oil, and separately apply Aloe Vera. A few topical treatments of each, alternated, for about a week and it will be gone. Works on dogs, cats, humans..... You can finish once you see it is gone with a few applications of Castor Oil for a few days as well. Amazing what natural remedies still work better than the medications sometimes.

Hands down my favorite treatment is a combination of Tea Tree oil mixed with fractionated coconut oil, and separately apply Aloe Vera. A few topical treatments of each, alternated, for about a week and it will be gone. Works on dogs, cats, humans..... You can finish once you see it is gone with a few applications of Castor Oil for a few days as well. Amazing what natural remedies still work better than the medications sometimes.
I'll be trying that next time.

Thanks for that tip! I’ve been putting the ringworm cream the for 3 days now and haven’t seen any changes Im getting super impatient😩

Does this look like ringworm? I thought it was fowlpox but everyone said nope looks like ringworm

Attachments

• IMG_6869.png
    IMG_6869.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6869.png
    IMG_6869.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom