RIP Buttons

Spunky~Chick~Mom

Chicken Crazed!
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Mississippi Delta
I had a horrible day yesterday.....
One thing after another going wrong...... Had to work 3 hours late at the office....
Got a text from my husband, "when are you coming home?" then "I have bad news"!
Really, Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could it be????!?!?!?!?!
My first thought was......... Oreo is dead.. (Oreo is my dog that roams loose, due to the fac that she can jump out 6 ft fence. anyway, she was run over by our neighbor. He ran over her back legs while pulling out of his driveway. Oreo jumped up and limped off and went under their house. I spent hours trying to get her out from under there. Around 3 i got a call from the neighbor that said she is up and walking and nothing is broken! She is fine.... has some scratches! I COULDN"T BELIEVE IT!!!!)
So, I call him and he says Buttons is dead! Buttons is my FAV of 4 sheep I have. I adopted him when he was about 6 months old.
I came home and peeped in on my 4 wk old chicks..........6 dead!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! No idea why!!!!
Then I go out and cry my eyes out over buttons.... no sign of anything wrong with him.
my only thought is that he might have been kicked by our donkey...
I've been devastated!!!!! What the heck is going on! Why do thing happen in clusters like this??????

ok, i just had to rant! some people don't understand attachment to animals!

Oh, Oreo is FINE!!!!

Oh trust me I know what you mean! I had two baby turkeys and my let her dog out to go to the bath room and I left the turkeys for 2 minutes and he had eaten 1 and I was so mad that I just wanted the dumb dog dead! But mom wouldn't let me so I tried to keep the other turkey under my servalence when I was outside and she was out of the coop. Even with me sitting there the dumb dog comes up and snaps the neck of the turkey! I was so mad! And my mom said that it was my fault for not watching him! Ugh 2 turkeys in 3 days! That was a bad week!!! I am trully sorry for your losses! When that happened I went out and baught 3 turkeys and only let the dog out on a leash now! Now I want more turkeys! haha;)

I'm sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Wow, sorry you've had such a rough go at it..... if bad things come in 3's... maybe you have brighter days ahead! (Oreo is a good sign!)

hugs.gif
I was sad to hear about Buttons the sheep and your 6 chicks. I get very attached to my animals. They are my kids so i understand. Glad to hear Oreo is ok.

Back
Top Bottom