RIP Flora, and meby Melow :'(

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Today i went to my hens, there was feathers everywere, i knew it was two different hens because of feather colouring, i gathered all the hens and fed them and counted to see how many was missing and who they were, Melow who was a cream legbar my friend got me for my birthday was missing and Flora who was a battery hen that i got for christmas was missing. I went and followed Floras trail of feathers and found her with a big bite in her back dead, i thenwent and followed Melows trail and it cut off, i looked for two hours and couldn't find her, im praying she got away and is hiding but i don't think im that lucky, RIP Girls you will be missed, two best layers, two best personalitys and two of my favouraite hens, Fly High :'( :'(
Flora:

Melow (she was a mother earlier on in the year, now the chick is big as yous can see on the pics)

Johnn, I'm so sorry! That's so sad. I've heard you talk about those two chickens a lot and they are my favorites of the chickens you have. Poor Flora, she will be missed. You did a great thing saving her from the battery house. She was blessed to have that opportunity. But for Melow, there is still hope for her. She will be in my prayers and I really hope she will turn up. Keep your eye out for her... miracles do happen.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Johnn, I'm so sorry! That's so sad. I've heard you talk about those two chickens a lot and they are my favorites of the chickens you have. Poor Flora, she will be missed. You did a great thing saving her from the battery house. She was blessed to have that opportunity. But for Melow, there is still hope for her. She will be in my prayers and I really hope she will turn up. Keep your eye out for her... miracles do happen.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I will let you know tomorrow, im so nervous i just want to find her, even if shes dead it still puts my mind at rest, wish people would keep there dogs on leads!, i am taking my dog up tomorrow to see if he can follow Melows tracks.....

Couldn't find her :'(!!!!!! my mam is going to go have a look tomorrow, but what im starting to feel is that someone went to steal some, couldn't catch them so set their dogs off and it got out of control, it killed flora so they left her and caught Melow so they took her, not sure though, just can not find her! :(, there was a trail of feathers all the way to flora and this is all i have for Melow!, there is other feathers but they leed up to that then it suddenly stops. :(
548723_3276169682747_922598170_n.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-hatch-a-long-and-informational-thread/14410#

Back
Top Bottom