Rip Little bug.

Hand Mama

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Only 2 chicks so far and sadly the strongest one died today, its ne k was broken & I'm not sure how it did it I can only guess. Still have a little grey one left, but it thinks my hand is its mummy, when I change water/food it jumps in it & sits there & now it's screaming because I have gone away? What can I do about its separation anxiety now its all on its own?
IMG_20200801_075434.jpg

Hi I've manage to find chicks that were born in the same day & I'm going to collect them tomorrow, maybe it will be a bit quieter when they are with. It cheeps & cheeps u til I go & put my hand in the brooder, then gets in my hand & shuts up, but I put it down & it starts again, I don't go running when it does tho
Poor thing. He's lonely. He'll be very happy to have friends.

If you are open to suggestions about your brooder I will show you the best, safest, and easiest thing iv'e found.
They are not terribly pricey and they are beyond useful even after they've grown.
It is just a pop up playpen for dogs, tons of space, zip up top and doors.
The bottom is attached so to clean it just fold it a bit and empty the rubbish and pop it back out.
They cannot hurt themselves, and best part windows everywhere so the can see hand Mama.:)

Attachments

• 20200803_095309.jpg
    20200803_095309.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200803_095324.jpg
    20200803_095324.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200803_094559.jpg
    20200803_094559.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 5
If you are open to suggestions about your brooder I will show you the best, safest, and easiest thing iv'e found.
They are not terribly pricey and they are beyond useful even after they've grown.
It is just a pop up playpen for dogs, tons of space, zip up top and doors.
The bottom is attached so to clean it just fold it a bit and empty the rubbish and pop it back out.
They cannot hurt themselves, and best part windows everywhere so the can see hand Mama.:)
I actually love that idea.
I had chooks flying out of the brooder from day 5.
After week two they discovered how to fly onto my bed.
They'll feel like they're camping.

I agree, buy a friend. Preferably two.
Oh, I'm so sorry. Is there anywhere you can get a young chick to raise with it? It won't do well on it's own.
Hi I've manage to find chicks that were born in the same day & I'm going to collect them tomorrow, maybe it will be a bit quieter when they are with. It cheeps & cheeps u til I go & put my hand in the brooder, then gets in my hand & shuts up, but I put it down & it starts again, I don't go running when it does tho

Back
Top Bottom