Rip Little bug.

Hand Mama

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Jul 27, 2020
Only 2 chicks so far and sadly the strongest one died today, its ne k was broken & I'm not sure how it did it I can only guess. Still have a little grey one left, but it thinks my hand is its mummy, when I change water/food it jumps in it & sits there & now it's screaming because I have gone away? What can I do about its separation anxiety now its all on its own?
IMG_20200801_075434.jpg

MGG

Crowing
Feb 7, 2020
Only 2 chicks so far and sadly the strongest one died today, its ne k was broken & I'm not sure how it did it I can only guess. Still have a little grey one left, but it thinks my hand is its mummy, when I change water/food it jumps in it & sits there & now it's screaming because I have gone away? What can I do about its separation anxiety now its all on its own? View attachment 2273316
Oh, I'm so sorry. Is there anywhere you can get a young chick to raise with it? It won't do well on it's own.

Hand Mama

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Jul 27, 2020
I agree, buy a friend. Preferably two.
Oh, I'm so sorry. Is there anywhere you can get a young chick to raise with it? It won't do well on it's own.
Hi I've manage to find chicks that were born in the same day & I'm going to collect them tomorrow, maybe it will be a bit quieter when they are with. It cheeps & cheeps u til I go & put my hand in the brooder, then gets in my hand & shuts up, but I put it down & it starts again, I don't go running when it does tho

Hand Mama

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Jul 27, 2020
That's great.
He's definitely screaming because he's lonely.
Sorry to hear about the other chick's death.
I think it could have been avoided, it's my first time hatching chickens & made a brooder with guidance, but I use a semi clear plastic tub (easier to clean) & it was quite a spritely lil thing & I think it must have ran & hit the side, when I found it, it's body was wriggling about trying to get up but it couldn't move its head & took its last little breath in my hand, it was the first lot of eggs I've ever incubated & the first one to hatch☹

TheOddOneOut

Crowing
Feb 15, 2020
The suburbs of Portland,Oregon
Hi I've manage to find chicks that were born in the same day & I'm going to collect them tomorrow, maybe it will be a bit quieter when they are with. It cheeps & cheeps u til I go & put my hand in the brooder, then gets in my hand & shuts up, but I put it down & it starts again, I don't go running when it does tho
Poor thing. He's lonely. He'll be very happy to have friends.

Top Bottom