1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIP Louie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by turtlynne, Feb 8, 2015.

1. turtlynne

turtlynne Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    AIKEN
    I am guessing this is just a 'chicken story' - I didn.t feel well this AM - let the flock out (1 roo and his 7 girls) at about 8 and went back in the house after scattering scratch and topping off water - just got up from an afternoon nap and decided to take out a handful of mealworms for treat - O My! Louie my 6yo roo lying on his side dead as can be! Not a mark on him! Hope was a quick stroke or cardiac event! RIP Louie you were a handsome devil and the very gentlest roo I've ever met!

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Sorry for your loss :(

3. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I am so very sorry for you..he had a great life....Louie will be in your heart forever for giving his gentle demeanour to your flock...Roosters like him are so very endearing...

Thoughts are with you for your sad loss[​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry about your loss of sweet Louie. [​IMG] Is that him in your avatar? He's a handsome fellow.

5. mcleveland

mcleveland Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2012
    Northeast Georgia
    So sorry. RIP Louie

6. Sunny Chicks

Sunny Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2013
    So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet Louie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by