Chirping
Jun 14, 2018
North Carolina
D621FFEA-F690-4006-B7BF-8C796C86164A.jpeg
8B607CFB-0C26-44EC-841D-2C3EE988F20F.jpeg
EACB2823-236B-4CF4-9832-6C949B37AEF0.jpeg
14001A32-7E7E-4316-ADEE-D09168C10A5D.jpeg
347321A0-C16E-44F0-B18C-15F9F5C48347.jpeg
I raised this little guy right out of the feed store. He was the smallest out of the 8 we bought. We were told he was a SHE and paid more more money for the females. I named him “Itty Bitty”. He was tough (even though he was the smallest baby!). He would start picking fights with others and then had to fight beak and nail for any treats out of our veggie garden. Every night he would see me and I would pick him up and lay down and he always crawled up into my neck. He would tell me all about his day and always had the beautiful little chick voice whispering peeps till he fell asleep on my shoulder. He grew to be a huge, gorgeous gentle Rooster. He was only 6 months old and had a lot to live for. I knew something was wrong when I found him by himself inside the hen house. I immediately brought him inside and his tail feathers were all wet. I didn’t think much of it and gave him an inspection and I laid down for a nap with him. We slept two hours. When I awoke he was till there but now clear liquid was on the towels I put down for him. He was perfectly fine, strong as an Ox. We thought he may be run down and offered up chicken electrolytes.

He just stood there until I picked him up to hold him. Right then for some reason it seems he was having problems breathing and he died in my arms. I am soooo sad right now and can’t stop crying. He was so kind, got along with the other “hen” ( yep rooster number 2) protected over my girls and brought them snacks and would give them all his treat. I want to scream as I have had him sick he was one day old and I would of never,ever sold him. Rest good my sweet boy, I am getting all worked up crying again. I love you Itty Bitty and I will never forget you. I wish I could of saved you from the mystery sickness.
He will always be in my heart. Thanks to anyone who reads his story. ❤️

Aww bless you. This is so sad! I’m totally in love with my little rooster and yesterday I thought I’d lost them all, only 4 weeks, they had escaped their wee run and got stuck behind the compost bin but I was distraught. I’d be like you and I’ve only had them 4 weeks. Big hugs

Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes it’s so hard because I raised him from a pip squeak who had to fight everyone was he was so tiny. I had no idea he was a rooster. It’s not fair that he died, he wasn’t even a year old. My animals are my babies and they are treated better then most people treat their kids. I’m still so sad. Thank you ❤️

View attachment 1879241 View attachment 1879242 View attachment 1879243 View attachment 1879244 View attachment 1879245 I raised this little guy right out of the feed store. He was the smallest out of the 8 we bought. We were told he was a SHE and paid more more money for the females. I named him “Itty Bitty”. He was tough (even though he was the smallest baby!). He would start picking fights with others and then had to fight beak and nail for any treats out of our veggie garden. Every night he would see me and I would pick him up and lay down and he always crawled up into my neck. He would tell me all about his day and always had the beautiful little chick voice whispering peeps till he fell asleep on my shoulder. He grew to be a huge, gorgeous gentle Rooster. He was only 6 months old and had a lot to live for. I knew something was wrong when I found him by himself inside the hen house. I immediately brought him inside and his tail feathers were all wet. I didn’t think much of it and gave him an inspection and I laid down for a nap with him. We slept two hours. When I awoke he was till there but now clear liquid was on the towels I put down for him. He was perfectly fine, strong as an Ox. We thought he may be run down and offered up chicken electrolytes.

He just stood there until I picked him up to hold him. Right then for some reason it seems he was having problems breathing and he died in my arms. I am soooo sad right now and can’t stop crying. He was so kind, got along with the other “hen” ( yep rooster number 2) protected over my girls and brought them snacks and would give them all his treat. I want to scream as I have had him sick he was one day old and I would of never,ever sold him. Rest good my sweet boy, I am getting all worked up crying again. I love you Itty Bitty and I will never forget you. I wish I could of saved you from the mystery sickness.
He will always be in my heart. Thanks to anyone who reads his story. ❤️

Aww bless you. This is so sad! I’m totally in love with my little rooster and yesterday I thought I’d lost them all, only 4 weeks, they had escaped their wee run and got stuck behind the compost bin but I was distraught. I’d be like you and I’ve only had them 4 weeks. Big hugs

Back
Top Bottom