RIP My little friend

Red Barn Farms

~Friendly Fowl~
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
Kentucky Heartland
My little 3 month old bantam "Cochise' died this morning. You will be greatly missed. He'd always sit on my lap in the late afternoon right before roosting time and the first one to great me in the morning when I opened the coop.

I was told it was probably Coccidiosis. He really did not show any signs or symptoms over the past week. He started acting sick late yesterday evening about 6 pm. I brought him inside the house but he would not eat or drink. Earlier in the day he acted just fine like always. He died this morning at 5:30 am.

Here is a video taken of him Jun, 17 2012 and the next video was taken late yesterday evening when he started showing sighs of sickness.

He was living in a brand new coop which is always kept immaculately clean. As soon as I seen he was showing signs of sickness i isolated him from the other two bantams who seem perfectly fine today. Should I go ahead now and treat the other two with meds?

We loved our boy!

I'm so sorry. What a sweet little lad. I hope your others are okay.
I don't have advice for treatment but hopefully someone else will chime in.
They do leave a big hole in our hearts when they die. HUGS.

I am so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
I also lost a golden laced cochin roo...he was my favorite, too!

I would treat everyone for Coccidiosis...it won't hurt if they don't have it but, will help if they do.

Thank you leadwolf and I'm so sorry for your loss as well
hugs.gif

I will be starting meds today when I refill their water. I had just completely cleaned the coop out yesterday.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
He was obviously much loved. He looked so happy and care free in the first video. Such a beautiful little guy. I'm sad now
sad.png

I'm so sorry. What a special guy he was. Glad the rest of your flock is okay. They do indeed leave holes in our hearts. How terrible it would be not to have chickens at all though.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom