RIP my sweet Nightingale..........

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
My sweetie went missing. Tonight makes night # 3 and this is the first time I have allowed myself to cry or think she wasn't going to come home. I KNOW she isn't. She is my sweetest, my most loving. She is always around wanting held. She quietly coos to you the entire time you are holding her. She is perfect and she is gone. I know she doesn't have a nest somewhere...she is gone from a fenced yard and has been laying an egg every day in the coop. Hawk? Owl? Who knows. She is gone without a trace and my heart is breaking.

Nightingale20080414042515.jpg

sai_n_nightingale.jpg

Thanks...I keep hoping she will too, but she was such a little homebody. I know that sounds strange to say that about a chicken, but she was the "mommy hen" to everyone. I just miss her so much.

Oh, Christy...she is adorable. I feel your pain.

I have had this happen with animals before. You never forget it...it bothers you forever. Not knowing is terrible.

:aww I have been praying for your girl....

Off subject though, your son is a handsome young man. You can just see he is a great kid!

We are all pulling for you and your best sweetie...

Michele

Try and keep your hopes up a little. I've seen several threads on here about people losing their chickens for a couple of days and they do return sometimes.
I'll keep my fingers (and toes for extra measure) crossed for you!

Thanks, all of you. Yes, I am still holding on to that speck of hope (that this forum has given me) that she could return. She is just too, too, special. I know a lot of people seem to just adore Barred Rocks (speckledhen...
smile.png
) if most are like her, I can see why. I always said she is sheer chickie perfection. I never knew how much losing a chicken could hurt. They just completely capture our hearts.

Thanks Michele.
smile.png
Yeah, he is a great kid. He just adores our chickies, too.
smile.png

Anyway, even though I am allowing myself to mourn for her, I won't ever give up looking, calling, hoping, unless I find her body.

Again, thanks.....

Back
Top Bottom