RIP Sinatra

helmstead

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Alfordsville, IN
Friday night, my junior buck, Sinatra, presented with sudden onset UC.

We immediately began intensive treatment. There seemed to be improvement Saturday, but Sunday he began to worsen. Overnight last night, his bladder failed and he developed water belly. A drain was inserted in his abdomen to relieve the pressure while we waited to euth him.

Sinatra passed quietly in my arms about 30 minutes ago. He was the sweetest little buck, gorgeous and spunky.

I can only hope the two does he bred about a week ago settled, perhaps I will have a couple of his offspring to snuggle next spring.

Our best hypothesis is that in the happiness of rut, he failed to eat enough of their minerals, perhaps failed to drink enough water. Between that and the weather change...here we are.

Sinatra, my sweet boy...you will be missed greatly.

Last edited:
That was a great name. So sorry!!!
hit.gif

Sorry but what is UC?

Edited because a buck is not a chicken.

Last edited:
i am sorry about sinatra! poor boy, at least you gave him a good life while he was here. and i hope the does settled too, it would be great to have sinatra babies come spring!!!

I am sorry about Sinatra. I have also lost a goat to bladder stones in the past. I had a baby Nubian that I was bottle feeding and didn't know about watching his water intake when I weaned him. Very painful and very sad.

Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom