Ripley, the 4 legged chicken!?

Pics
I don't know what the opposite of polymelia would be called, but Cackle hatchery raised a chick hatched without wings, and they have featured him at their yearly chicken festival. Apparently he's a local celebrity.
View attachment 1772753
You don't happen to have a link to that story?
Googled and nothing came up.

You don't happen to have a link to that story?
Googled and nothing came up.
well, it was on Cackle's Facebook page. And last fall, they were looking for someone to adopt him, explaining his disabilities and what he would need. And also, the person had agree to bring him to their annual Chicken Festival, which is in Oct. (Lebanon, MO) In the 2018 festival album, they posted pics of him, but no captions. I can't find the other info. You'd have to go back thru all last year's posts...
wingless.png

I remember this little tube rooster!
I don't know what the opposite of polymelia would be called, but Cackle hatchery raised a chick hatched without wings, and they have featured him at their yearly chicken festival. Apparently he's a local celebrity.
View attachment 1772753

:gig
He does appear to be tubular.....looks like more than just his wings are missing.
I couldn't search out the post for more info....wonder if it's still alive?
Yeah I looked for it too. I have only followed Cackle on FB for about a year and a half so I didn't think I had to search posts earlier than fall 2017. If we still live in MO this Oct, I'll have to drive up to the chicken fest and see Tube Rooster in person and get the scoop on him. : )

I don't know. There was a short video of him stretching out to crow that was fascinating. I will keep my eye out for it.
:gig
He does appear to be tubular.....looks like more than just his wings are missing.
I couldn't search out the post for more info....wonder if it's still alive?

Back
Top Bottom