RIR ??? I have Lavander Legs !

Here's a better pic of her, sharing a frozen veggie treat in this Florida 95 deg. heat.
She's an awesome egg layer (2 a day average), but eggs are not brown, nor white.
They are more of a light "tan", light the feathers just above her legs.

I was actually wondering that, but was not sure. She has a friend that looks almost like her, but is smaller than her. I was "assuming" this second one was too young to lay yet, but I may be mistaken. There are many times when we find them in the same "laying box". Which may explain the two a day, an "assumption on our part".

I was actually wondering that, but was not sure. She has a friend that looks almost like her, but is smaller than her. I was "assuming" this second one was too young to lay yet, but I may be mistaken. There are many times when we find them in the same "laying box". Which may explain the two a day, an "assumption on our part".

That seems more likely, from what I've heard it is not possible for a hen to lay 2 eggs a day as it takes about that long for the egg to fully develop.

She looks like one of my Americana's - She has blue legs and lays the most beautiful blue eggs! (My Americana's lay blue, green, pink (more tan than pink really) and my 3 year old is now laying green with brown speckles!) FUN breed !! (The dark eggs are my Welsummers and the white ones are Leghorns)

She looks like one of my Americana's - She has blue legs and lays the most beautiful blue eggs! (My Americana's lay blue, green, pink (more tan than pink really) and my 3 year old is now laying green with brown speckles!) FUN breed !! (The dark eggs are my Welsummers and the white ones are Leghorns)

You have Easter Eggers, which are often labelled as Americanas. Stores often brand the hybrid chickens which lay coloured eggs (EEs) as Americanas, which are easily mixed up with the breeds Ameraucanas and Araucanas. They lay coloured eggs.

Back
Top Bottom