1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIR Pullets for Sale in Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Michigan Chickman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Michigan Chickman

Michigan Chickman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I have 50 Rhode Island Red pullets and I'd like to sell 35 of them. They are 15 weeks old and I would rather sell them as layers than butcher them. This is my first batch of chicks and I figure I have about $8 a bird into them. I just don't have enough room to keep all them so if I can't sell them they'll have to go to the freezer. They have been eating layer mash and LOVE any kind of fruit (and just about anything else they can get their beaks on!) If anyone's interested let me know.

2. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    You can also try to list them on craigslist in the farm & garden section. Good luck!

3. detroy

detroy New Egg

May 25, 2008
    Where in Michigan are you?

4. Michigan Chickman

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    In between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek.

5. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I maye be interested but that is a little far....

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. Michigan Chickman

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    If I can figure out how to post pics you can see them and depending on where you're coming from, I'm sure we could work out someplace to meet so it would cut the trip down a bit. Any advice on posting a pic? I'm sure it's something simple and I'm just missing it [​IMG]

7. Michigan Chickman

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I think I've firgured it out. When I get home tonight I'll try to get a couple pics up.

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Try Craigslist... it's free and I had quite a bit of interest in mine when they were up... yours shouldn;t sit too long... though, people may barter on price [​IMG]

9. Michigan Chickman

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    Thank you for the advice on Craig's List, but I've had them up for about 10 days and haven't heard much of anything. You must have a more creative writing style than I do [​IMG]

10. Michigan Chickman

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    OK I think I've got it. Here is a pic I took of my girls about a week ago. There are two roos in the group so if you see one that looks a bit masculine that's why [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by