RIR & WLH mix

I tought for sure this combination would make a red sex link. The pictures you posted look like red sex links to me. Post some different pictures of the other ones.

ok, there is a pullet and a cockeral in this pic...
21166_random_chicken_003small.jpg
alsohave a bantam buff cochin X wlh in the pic...
same wlh mutt as in post #2
21166_random_chicken_002small.jpg

the main differencei noted is that the visibly mixed ones white with rir hatched out of white eggs(wlh pulet and rir cockeral)... and the rir with white mess around their neck came out of brown eggs (rir pulet and wlh cockeral)

Last edited:
So in the recent pictures you posted your saying that one of the brown chickens is a roo and one is a pullet? If I was just looking at this picture I would say that they all look like a typical golden comet. We had a golden comet Roo that did have a decent bit of brown on his wings but he was mostly white like yours. I guess I am all confused because I just bought 13 white leghorn hens and a Rhode Island Red roo to make golden comets!

I looked on a chicken page at sex links and I think it said that they would be called Amber's. Does that sound right. I've got several in the bator and I would like to know what to call them. That's with a RIR roo and a WLH hen.

We have some hens that look like many in the pics on this thread and would really like to know what to call them too. It seems to depend on who you ask and where you look as to what they are called. I have seen that combination called Golden Comets, Cinnamon Queen, red sexlink, mutts, ...... I am not sure what the difference is, maybe it depends on which breed the roo is????
I wish I could help, but I have yet to figure out what they should be called.

I don't know..... they sure are cute though.... you may get some nice eggs from them. you may want to keep them just for the eggs... I woulddd. I just got some RIR eggs for the bator and soon some more RIR and I am getting some barred rocks too.
good luck though

Back
Top Bottom