RIR/WRk. male X RIR/WRk. female:what color babies?

Quote:
Ah, clint, an attentive reader!!!

i will have to look. what i plan on breeding comes from Moyers chicks.

click on brown egg layer day old, to see male, also

https://www.moyerschicks.com/e-Store/

this is what i hope to use.

thoughts? thank you clint very much

OK those are white tailed. But we cant be sure one White Rock thing as this is just a typical thing that hatcheries through out, and especially with this being a commercial hatchery I would bet most anything that these are 3-4 way crosses and other the "White Rocks" and "RIRs"are specialized hybrid strains themselves. But the White Rock part is only going to affect the recessive White factor which will give 25% solid White chicks if so and if not they will all some color except for a percentage of the pullets that I'm about to explain.

So as I said here "If you are breeding a male Red Sexlink, then he is columbian patterned and split for both silver and gold genes and if you the Sexlink hens would be pure for gold genes so they would produce females with half being Silver Columbian and half being Red Columbian, the males will be half Red Columbian and half Split Silver Gold Columbian like the Sexlink roo you are using. " And since they should both be Heterozygous for Dominant White being that they are white tailed. So a rought percentage of colors be :

Pullets ( out of roughly every 8 pullets the colors should be the following )

1 Black tailed Red ( like a production Red)
3 White tailed Red ( two would have one copy of Dom White and the other would have two copies but all would look the same)
1 Black tailed Silver Columbian ( same color as Light Sussex)
3 White tailed Silver Columbian ( since the black is being covered in the tails of these they would be solid white with the same percentages of Dom White as the White tailed Reds. These Silver Columbian ones would be pure Silver gened but may have some autosomal red showing up from the mohagany genes in the father.

Cockerels ( out of roughly every 8 cockerels the colors should be the following )

1 Black tailed Red
3 White tailed Red
1 Black tailed split Silver/Gold Columbian
3 White tailed split Silver/Gold Columbian (side notes would be the same on the cockerels as the pullets with the exection of the split Silver/Gold columian Roos, Like I said the pullets would be pure silver gened but the roos of these would be split for both Silver and Gold Genes and would have even gold coloring coming through on the sides and hackles like the regular Sexlink roos do and they would have some Autosomal red coming through in the shoulders too.

And again if a pure White Rock with two copies of Recessive White was by chance the grandmother of these chicks, then 25% of them will have solid Recessive White masking which ever of the above colors they are underneath.

Back
Top Bottom