RIR

bgall1988

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Tolar,Tx
I have some red sex link hens fromTSC bred with full RIR rooster, I have chicks hatching today and was wondering what breed that would make the chicks? Would it bring the RIR back out or what?

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am sorry to say, I have no idea! There will be others stopping by here to welcome you to BYC and maybe they can shine some light on this.

But I do welcome you to our flock and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

They would be a mix but perhaps some will be production reds, which is an undefined red productive bird. if you wish to call them that and if, if the chicks come out red that would be fine. They may be white with spots, black or red with black. You just never know. It is quite likely that the red sex link has a bunch of different bird in its background.

In no case would they be RIR. They're going to be a mix. The question is just what the mix looks like when they hatch.

Thanks! This is my first hatch, started at 2 this morning and so far I have 20 out of 27 hatched and they're still going!! Here's a few pics of my little ones.
[/IMG]

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on the successful hatch! Sounds like you are going to have a great hatch percentage! That mix should make for nice egg layers.

Back
Top Bottom