Roadside chicken coop

Despite my best efforts Butterball refused to nest in the roadside coop. So I closed off the main coop and run and the rest of the girls will be sleeping in the roadside coop. Not ideal but workable until the eggs hatch. She has nine fertilized eggs under her as of this morning! Seven BCM and two olive egger and she's doing great! After hatch I will switch them all around.

Why do I do this to myself? 🤣

Look how cute she is! Giving the eggs some air cause it gets hot in the late afternoon here
IMG_20220725_200203.jpg

Look how cute she is! Giving the eggs some air cause it gets hot in the late afternoon here
View attachment 3199925
I love her! How old is she? She looks like my Dottie with the lighter neck and head feathers, Then I have Mean Charolette, and Poppy. Poppy has the darkest of the copper colors. Charolette has medium color.

I love her! How old is she? She looks like my Dottie with the lighter neck and head feathers, Then I have Mean Charolette, and Poppy. Poppy has the darkest of the copper colors. Charolette has medium color.
She is almost one I think. My memory is terrible. But she is from my last fall batch of chicks I think. She's doing great sitting though!

I had to rearrange the coop so it will be chick safe. I took Butterball out into the run to do her thing and when she came back up she decided to move into the corner...then back out again...leaving this little trail of eggs for me to stuff back under her. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom