Robin egg

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
I found a robin egg in my backyard on the ground. I looked up and cannot see a nest close by it must be very high in the tree. The egg is still intact just a bit dirty. I do not have an incubator, is there anything I can do? Is it even worth trying to get an incubator? What can I do?

Try candling it to see if it's still alive. Depending on how long it's been sitting on the ground it could have died a little while ago.
So it was right in front of my pasture gate and I fed the horses an hour before and walk through there all the time. It fell within the last hour. I candled it but didnt see any development, only a yolk it think.....I just set it back outside tucked away in the grass. Is it worth trying anything?

I tried to hatch some when I had quail in the incubator... They did not do very well at all. I did not see any development. And when a robin hatches, apparently you need to feed it every 15 minutes for the following 2-3 weeks!!

I’ve cared for baby robins once. The neighbors dog killed the mother bird and the father never came. We watched the nest for hours. The babies were brand new as in like 24 hours old with eyes still closed. We brought the nest down, and I fed them scrambled eggs and put a bit in their beak with a sideways toothpick. I kept them on a heated blanket with a clear tub upside down over them. I cared for them for a few hours before I took them to a robin rescue where they were raised and released. BUT unless I take it to a rescue I don’t think I have time for that in my schedule now.

So it was right in front of my pasture gate and I fed the horses an hour before and walk through there all the time. It fell within the last hour. I candled it but didnt see any development, only a yolk it think.....I just set it back outside tucked away in the grass. Is it worth trying anything?
if the egg is clear, lights up like a light bulb, with no veins or moving embryo, then just leave it. Its probably illegal to have the egg in possession. I know you just want to help, but if it isn't alive, let it be.

if the egg is clear, lights up like a light bulb, with no veins or moving embryo, then just leave it. Its probably illegal to have the egg in possession. I know you just want to help, but if it isn't alive, let it be.
Ok will do. Wow didn’t know that lol. Thanks for the help y’all. Yeah in reality I probably couldn’t do much anyways. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom