Rockporter's Take II Emu Hatch

Pics

Rockporters

Songster
Apr 9, 2019
New Hampshire
4 Emu eggs went into the GQF 1502 on Saturday, February 1. Hatch day should be the week of 3/22/20. :fl:fl:fl

It was difficult to tell which end was up on all of them! We guessed, so there may eventually be pics with the writing on the eggs upside down LOL.

IMG_3568 copy.jpg

We’re going all out now huh? You’re going to have all 4 hatch lol. Just a tiny bit over run with giant bird cuteness.

Only have Fizzgig left in the bator. He doesn’t stink yet. Picking up 4 eggs Saturday. No shipping damage this time!

All provided we don’t get rear ended again. It’s only happened twice and things come in 3’s?

Mine will be 1 week behind yours. Good luck with attempt 2.

Ya know, it would be my luck to hatch all 4. I have no idea WTH I would do with 4 until winter is over. The BF gets annoyed at me having chicks in the basement.. wait until I turn it into a full on zoo! LOL Actually, I gave him a choice.. eat some of the eggs, or incubate them. After the experience last time with Egg A, he can’t eat the eggs. And trust me, there isn’t a food that man won’t eat or try. He bonded with the little wiggling whistler.

Wow! You found eggs in person! Yay! That should be so much better. You’ve had the worst luck with shipped eggs. I’m glad you’ve got a better chance this time. Of course, you know that one lone egg that’s been through hell is going to be the one that hatches now, right? LOL

Poor guy must be a little heartbroken over A as well :( now you’ll each have two

If anything, let Fizzgig be solid white :fl ok wait, just let it hatch. I’ll be keeping them inside for a bit. Month or two at least. Will most likely use the giant dog crate and get the kids to cuddle with them at night.

Have you put any thought into diapers? Or are you blessed with hardwood/laminate floors?

Trip starts at 6am Saturday morning. Looking forward to getting back with 4 dinosaur eggs to put in with the loner

Weighed the eggs today. They are all losing equally, but too much. I am adding humidity. The clip broke that regulates water flow into the water pan. I’m now trying to figure out how to regulate it. :he

Egg A- lost 14g
Egg B- lost 11g
Egg C- lost 12g
Egg D- lost 12g

Weighed the eggs today. They are all losing equally, but too much. I am adding humidity. The clip broke that regulates water flow into the water pan. I’m now trying to figure out how to regulate it. :he

Egg A- lost 14g
Egg B- lost 11g
Egg C- lost 12g
Egg D- lost 12g

At least it’s the first week! I have all of mine going into a cheap Chinabator. There’s no fancy regulator lol How much was ideal for them to lose this week?

Im almost home with 6!
0E22DB69-3401-46EC-ABF1-D123E9253EE3.jpeg

I do have to add, the Chinabator just hatched out 80% hatch rate on 35 chicks. So it definitely works!

Back
Top Bottom