Rockton Fair results....

LittleChickenRacingTeam

On vacation
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ontario, CANADA
Lots of quality birds at this show, but I'm still happy with the placing of the 6 birds I entered.

Golden Sebright Hen... 3rd
White Silkie Hen... 2nd
AOC Silkie Hen... 2nd
AOC Silkie Hen... 3rd
AOC Silkie Cockeral... 3rd
AOC Booted Bantam... 1st

(AOC=All Other Colours)

Quote:
NO...I travel 10 to 20 fairs/shows a year as a hobby & also to sell my ART EGGS.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17599&p=5

The really big show for me is The ROYAL AGRICULTURAL WINTER FAIR in November. It's the WORLD'S Biggest Indoor Fair, & is held in Canada's largest city.....Toronto.

Only the best breeder's in the country participate, & it is an honour for me to be entering my 4th time here. I'm just a chook hobby dude & not a breeder, so this show is a BIG event for me.

Here is Lucky with her favourite judge. Jim is a good friend and mentor. He runs the poultry barn at my home fair, & has taught me more about chooks than any book or website.

IMG_7037LCRT2008.jpg

Last edited:
The chooks are really nice. But that horse!!! What a beautiful horse. And a really good shot.
Were they just random pics of chickens? Or were they yours?

The horse is a Percheron & they used them in a 6 horse hitch with the wagon I posted. The team was actually for sale & consisted of 8 horses, the wagon & harnesses. Each harness was worth $8,000. Apparantly they travel all over the world competing.

IMG_7029_LCRT2008.jpg

Asking price was $200,000 for the whole setup.

As for the chooks, 3 of the silkies are mine, as well as Lucky my Belgian D'uccle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom