1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roller fun

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Okla-doodle-doo, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Spent the day with a local friend of mine ,watching his rollers fly. They performed pretty good. It was a rare good day ,cool and just the right wind to help them flip and no hawks around! He has some nice rollers. He just received an award from the National roller club for Lifetime Achievement for supporting and spreading the roller breed! His name is Frank "Sonny" Hester and he lives in Portland,Tn.

And the neat thing is he also gave me two pair of flying rollers and a parlor roller hen!

Its nice to know someone who has been in the hobby for so long ,has lots of information and is always willing and ready to talk"birds"!

2. Pigeonrh

Pigeonrh Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Awesome! I've had both flying rollers and parlors. The Parlors are something to watch that's for sure! lol

3. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    my son also has rollers and they are very cool to watch. Now if only we could pull the eggs before they start sitting AGAIN..... the sure do multiply

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I wish I could find some parlor rollers in my area, they are neat little birds! I had a man give my son 2 of them about 1 1/2 years ago, but with the huge rat problem we had last year, we lost them both [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:we have 8 now so if you are ever out this way let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by