Rolling Acres Chick Starter?

limabean

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Does anyone know anything about this feed? I bought it at TSC. Since then, I've been reading about medicated vs non-medicated feed, ingredients, protein percentages, etc. There is NOTHING on the bag to tell me any of this information, and Google has no answers. I really have no idea what this stuff is that I am feeding my chicks!

Usually the ingredients of feed are listed on a tag attached to the bottom (or sometimes top) of the bag?

I am happy to know you care what you feed your chicks! Look on TSC website or the manufacturers website.

We feed our chicks and mix of medicated and chick starter for the first week, as we never know what they have been exposed to.
After that, they get chick starter one more week.
Then they get grass, bugs, or what ever is in the yard.
We supplement with oats, millet, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and kitchen scraps.
As they get older we add oyster shell.
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in their water keeps them really healthy!

I'll examine the bag again, but I don't even think there is manufacturer info on it, and the TSC site does not
list it. I can try asking at the store, but they were extraordinarily unhelpful when I was there last.

I was looking at the stuff myself, on the TSC website, and all I saw was this: "Balanced amino acids Includes high levels of vitamins and minerals Crude protein 18% Crude fat 3% Crude fibre 4.5% Complete feed - no mixing required Proper balance of amino acids, the building blocks of growth"

Hope it's helpful.

My bag of it says an ingredients list:
-corn, wheat shorts???, canola meal, wheat, soya meal, corn distillers dried grains, soya oil, limestone, salt, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin and trace mineral premix. Added selenium 0.30 mg/kg

Back
Top Bottom