Chickerydoo

Hatching
Aug 8, 2020
Well my little sister is attempting to hatch eggs for the 3rd time, this time 6 eggs seemed to of worked but yesterday (day 20 of them being in the incubator) me and my older sister noticed it looked like the incubator was leaving so she lifted it up so I could wipe underneath and the next thing all the eggs are rolling all over the place 😭 could we of killed them all? They was all wobbling before we interrupted but I’m not sure if any have moved now😩 I feel awful it was looking so well and I think I’ve messed it up.

:hugs I think they'll be fine. A hatched chick can roll its siblings eggs all over the place without issue. Let us know how you get on. :fl
Thank you I got my fingers crossed, I read somewhere if you disturb them/move them it can ruin their hatching position and they could die 😩

Thank you I got my fingers crossed, I read somewhere if you disturb them/move them it can ruin their hatching position and they could die 😩

I've read that too and I'm careful if I candle during lockdown, but seeing as you are on day 20 they won't have room to turn around now. And when I've watched my broodies hatching they've still been flipping eggs even when they've pipped. :fl

Well my little sister is attempting to hatch eggs for the 3rd time, this time 6 eggs seemed to of worked but yesterday (day 20 of them being in the incubator) me and my older sister noticed it looked like the incubator was leaving so she lifted it up so I could wipe underneath and the next thing all the eggs are rolling all over the place 😭 could we of killed them all? They was all wobbling before we interrupted but I’m not sure if any have moved now😩 I feel awful it was looking so well and I think I’ve messed it up.
:hugs I think they'll be fine. A hatched chick can roll its siblings eggs all over the place without issue. Let us know how you get on. :fl
they are starting to hatch 😀 we can hear them chirping and they’re starting to crack through 😀

Back
Top Bottom