Romeo—is it a rooster or a hen?

Going for a tie, but I see a pullet.
20210227_094221.jpg

If the pointed feathers are there, then it's a roo. Just give him time to develop. Comb color won't indicate sickness but posture and behavior will. Seems to be a big bird for RK to sell. Did someone bring the bird to the store and dump it off? Did you check well for lice or mites before you brought it home and put it in the run? Any new bird really should be quarantined for 2 weeks before adding to your flock.
It’s got a fenced in section of the run and a separate house. It’s active and eating and drinking.

Well, when my hens first started laying I noticed their vents changed in appearance—so I thought if this chicken looks like it has laid an egg, it my be a hen.
Only works for the girls, not the boys, but there is a difference. Males always have tighter vents since they don't lay.

If it were a girl(Example)it would have a tighter vent if not laying.

Only works for the girls, not the boys, but there is a difference. Males always have tighter vents since they don't lay.

If it were a girl(Example)it would have a tighter vent if not laying.
I hear that—just thought if it had the loose, egglayin lookin sorta vent it would most likely be a hen! But it looks tight and yellow like its legs.

Back
Top Bottom