roo agression question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dandydoodle, Sep 27, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I have a little roo that has been showing signs of aggression. If I go down there and use a sweater and puff up and do the dance if he submits to me do I still need to pen him? Also should I also do this if he pulls the girls feathers real hard?? Please help I really need to go down there and I want to do this right because, I don't want have to get rid of him or use him for soup. I just paid paid 60 bucks for the little man so I am really hoping I can straighten him out.

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    What are you using the sweater for? Sounds like you are bullfighting with him?

3. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    LOL!!!! Roos puff up their feathers to look big. From the answers I got to my questions last night looks like I need to seem to him like I am the dominant roo to keep him from getting anymore aggressive. I am going to wear the robe and put my hands in the pockets then hold the sides up in the air so I will look like I am puffing up like a roo does. I am hoping by doing this he will submit and won't begin flogging.

4. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    roflmao!!! Just pick him up and carry him around. That tells him you're the boss in a gentle way. And the plus side is the neighbors don't call the local looney bin [​IMG]
    Edit: I'm sure he already knows you're bigger.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by