**Roo - ATTACKED BY HENS**???

Do you have any antibiotic for yourself?? Such as neosporin or Bag Balm? I use the petrolum base products because they are easy to smear on to wounds.

I think, with 32 hens, I would get him a rooster buddy to help control the harem. A guy can only handle so may ladies. You are also going to run into reduced fertility with that many hens and only one roo. He is so pretty...poor little guy. Hope he feels better (and more manly) soon.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you! I do have Neosporin (probably 6 tubes of it in the medicine cabinet!
roll.png
)

I will use the Neosporin first and then get some Blu-Kote, if not for use this time at least I will have it on hand for next time........

I of course will clean the wounds first.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

hugs.gif

Quote:
I do have neosporin. We use it for all cuts and scrapes on the kiddos, so we have it in abudance! hehe

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it!

Quote:
We originally had 3 PR Roos. But we got rid of the 2 quite aggressive ones. They have been gone for just over a month now. I couldn't keep the other two because they wouldn't let us near the hens. Or, if we did pick one up they would go after it the moment we let it down. So, I kept the most passive one and now the hens are attacking him. go figure...
roll.png

I would like to get another roo at some point. But for now, I am not looking to do hatching. We just have him because he is a rooster. I love how he is protective of the flock and love his crowing. Just don't want him to be beat up.
idunno.gif

rooster booster has some healing elements in it as well as it is supposed to taste bad to the ones doing the pecking. It worked well for one of my roo's that was "hen pecked"

sc01650ac6.jpg

I've heard very good things about Rooster booster - especially for combs & wattles! Sounds like a good thing to have around, just in case.

Ok, so I just got back from the feed store and picked up the Rooster Booster. The kids and I got our rooster out and cleaned his waddles and chest feathers. I waited for them to dry and then applied the Rooster Booster to his waddles. Very easy to apply. What I didn't anticipate was the rooster shaking his head (like a dog shakes after a bath).
hmm.png
Needless to say, I got a good shower of Rooster Booster. It has a purple tint and after a couple of washes, I still have a purple tint all over my arms and legs were I got splattered. My jeans also have plenty on them too. I can't seem to wash it off, which is good for chickens, but not for me. AHHHHHHHHHH!
he.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Hey I had a good laugh at myself. I am still a little "purple", but otherwise ok.

I applied the Rooster Booster 3 times to my Roo. I put him back with the hens late this afternoon. A couple of them went right for his waddles. He looks ok after being in with them for a couple of house. I will keep a close eye on him the next couple of days and continue to apply the RB a couple of times a day. Hopefully I will get more on him then on me. hehe
roll.png

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
OMY I did the SAME thing with blue kote..I applied to the hens back area (she was overmated before I got her) and of course my first time applying it I got it all over her tail...well she shook her tail and
ep.gif
ALL over my glasses and face! Really funny??? My 17 yr old son thought so! ME...not so much! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom