Roo-Hitler??? Your advice needed...LIFE or DEATH!!!

Well Thank you everyone...today, I opened the pop door about 7 am....Hitler was first out, as always, the others followed, only for him to attack, they all went inside, except for Hitler and haven't come back out and it is almost 9 am...def got my mind made up...he is a soon to be goner!!!! I thank you alll for your input...I really appreciate it!!!! Decision is made!!! Homemade chicken noodle soup shall be the menu soon!!!

Yup CULL, mmmmmmmm chicken noodle soup
big_smile.png

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning. I have a roo we'll be culling then. Sometimes you can't stop them. He got the DH, then tried me, now attacks my teenage son. The only one he hasn't gotten is my 8 yr old. Can't have that, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

I ran into the same thing with a RIR accidental roo. He attacked me, even after the dominance thing, he attacked my children and he was too rough with the hens. I found a nice low income family who agreed to make him comfortable until the "deed" and then make it quick. Couldn't do it myself, but didn't want him to go to waste. That left me with a wonderful GLW (also accidental) who romanced the hens and they actually came up and squatted for him, he protected the flock and respected me. Too many nice roos out there needing homes to put up with the whack jobs. Freezer camp!

Back
Top Bottom