Roo or hen, desperate to know.

Hollandfound

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Pertinent info: these chickens are 21 1/2 weeks old or 22 1/2 weeks old.

They are a light Brahma, a dark Brahma, a silver lace wing wyandotte, a golden lace wing wyandotte, a buff orbington and a seebright. I am think the silver wyandotte is a hen, but as to everyone else I'm very hopeful(but uncertain).

And here are the pics

All look like pullets. Though I can't say for certain about the Seabright.

At this age the Dark Brahma and Wyandottes should be obvious to anybody. Here are photos from Murray McMurray hatchery to help.
Dark Brahma:

SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE:

GOLDEN LACED WYANDOTTE:

Notice how on those there breeds the pattern is even on the hens/pullets, while the cocks/cockerels have soilid patches and more uneven patterning. The dark breast on a Dark Brahma cockerel a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
I see pullets - had to laugh when only butt pictures were showing at first, was wondering how we were meant to give you gender feedback from those, lol

You laugh, I had to get them to pose for those pics and no one was willing. Thank you very much. I was hoping and reading and hoping and looking for that egg and hoping and reading and looking at many, many pics....well I think you get the point.

And we all think they are absolutely adorable, even the seebright whose ability to fly is very scary I must say.:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom